Electric Gardens, 23 Jan – 15 February, 2015 Botanic Gardens
GREEN LIGHT FOR BOTANIC GARDENS EVENT
West End Festival organisers have been given the green light to put on a spectacular light and sound experience in the Botanic Gardens next year. The Electric Gardens will run from Friday, 23 January to Sunday, 15 February.
Walking Tours with Dramatic Lighting
The unusual experience consists of a walking tour for adults, children and groups, through the darkened upper Botanic Gardens with dramatic lighting, sound effects and music enhancing The Electric Gardens experience. The tour includes a special visit inside the Kibble Palace.
Michael Dale, West End Festival director said: “We’re delighted to give this new event the go-ahead.
“At this quiet time of year, it’s nice to have something to look forward to, and this gives people from across Glasgow the opportunity to plan an evening in the west end, taking in The Electric Gardens as well as taking advantage of the fantastic restaurants and bars in the area.
“While The West End Festival runs in June every year, we are expanding our operations into the winter months and this event is something different, an opportunity to see the iconic and well-loved Botanic Gardens in a different light!”
From 5.30-8.30pm every day, excluding 26 January or 2 February, tours will start every half hour, taking around 45 minutes. The natural characteristics of the Botanic Gardens means the experience is fully accessible to all.
An early bird offer has launched today until 31 December, with child tickets priced at £6, adults £8 and a family ticket for four at £25. From 1 January, ticket prices will then be £8 for a child, £10 for an adult and £30 for a family ticket. For children under five admission is free.
The west end businesses are participating in the event by putting on special offers during this period, so groups and families can make the occasion a night out.
Mark Tracey, chairman of the Byres Road Traders Association said: “We warmly welcome initiatives like this from the West End Festival with whom we work in the summer. An event like this reinforces the fantastic offering in the west end, and we hope to see many new faces for The Electric Gardens.”
Tickets, special offers and enquiries will be available via www.westendfestival.co.uk from today. It’s advisable to book early as tickets are expected to sell quickly!
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
Filed under: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Befriending Food Experience Launch
- Family Carol Service, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2018
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- First Events or Glasgow Film Festival 2019 Announced
- Make Do And Mend, Repair Cafe
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- The Primevals, Winter Initiative Night Shelter Fundraiser, Mono
- John Maclean Centenary March Glasgow
- Art Auction Fundraiser – Cure Claire’s Cancer
- Document Film Festival Glasgow 2018
- Chill Habibi! The Glad Cafe
- A Weakness for Raisins Ester Krumbachová exhibition CCA
- SQIFF 2018 Opening Night Shorts Glasgow Film Theatre
- CCA is having a party
- From Glasgow to Greece, Fundraiser
- Book Week Scotland 2018
- Book Week Scotland 2018 – Events at Arlington Baths Club
- DUNOON FILM FESTIVAL 2018 ANNOUNCES FULL PROGRAMME
- Glasgow Havana Film Festival, CCA 2018