East End Social, Last Big Week-end, 30 and 31 August. 2014
THE LAST BIG WEEKEND : MOGWAI // HUDSON MOHAWKE // OPTIMO // NUMBERS
Hosted by The East End Social and Numbers
Aug 30 at 1:00pm to Aug 31 at 10:00pm
Richmond Park, Clyde Waterfront, Oatlands
Chemikal Underground will bring its inaugural The East End Social programme to a close with The East End Social’s ‘Last Big Weekend’: a spectacular big top concert held over two days within the leafy environs of Richmond Park.
Taking place on Saturday 30th and Sunday 31st of August, this ambitious double header – an official Culture 2014 event and part of Homecoming Scotland 2014 – looks set to be the event of the summer as well as a fitting climax for The East End Social and Culture 2014.
Glasgow’s post-rock trailblazers Mogwai will headline Saturday’s line up while Sunday’s proceedings (curated by legendary club night Optimo and fellow party-specialists Numbers) will be helmed by Hudson Mohawke, one of the most exciting DJs and record producers to emerge from Scotland in the last ten years.
Saturday 30th August
James Holden (LIVE)
The Wedding Present
The Twilight Sad (Official)
(more to be announced)
Sunday 31st August
Nozinja (Shangaan Electro)
(more to be announced)
Kicking off at 1pm and continuing until 10pm, The East End Social’s Last Big Weekend will take place in a marquee erected within the cosy environs of Glasgow’s Richmond Park. Nestled just south of the River Clyde adjacent to Shawfield Stadium, Richmond Park is 5 minutes walk from Dalmarnock Station and 10 minutes walk from Bridgeton Station.
Please note this event is for over 18s only.
More Info at www.eastendsocial.com
- Lids Open Day with Glasgow Piano City West End Festival
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- The Big West End Festival Closing Party Cottiers
- Carers’ Week 2019
- Wilton Street Garden Fete
- Southside Film Festival 2019
- Arlington Baths at West End Festival 2019
- Dear Dinosaur: T Rex on Tour
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019: Call for Submissions & Careers Day
- Doc’ n Roll Film Festival Glasgow
- Claiming Back the Narrative, Refugee Week Scotland 2019
- WEF 2019: Fiona Cuthill & Stevie Lawrence- Traditional Scottish Music
- Glasgow Science Festival 2019
- SoundRoutes Singers Live, Cottiers
- Rab Noakes, Websters 2
- Open Mind Fest – Journalism and Mental Health
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Electric Frog and Pressure Riverside Festival
- Gorbals Fair 2019
- Wild Festival and Gala, Children’s Wood