Easing into Autumn With ‘Seven of Seven’, Thistle Gallery from 19 October, 2017 until end of the month.
Easing into Autumn With ‘Seven of Seven’
As the night’s draw in we decided this autumn to invite seven artists to submit seven pieces of their work which best portray both their artistic inspirations and their technique…..and the results are well worth popping in to see.
MARGARET EVANS – exhibits a fine selection of work which depicts some of the superb locations she has visited in the last year through her painting holidays. Using pastel as her medium, Margaret says it’s easy to travel with, fast to work with and captures the mood she wants to convey.
DREW MACKIE – is a multi-disciplined artist who explores a variety of materials and mediums in an effort to achieve aesthetic perfection through ephemeral mortality. The diverse mediums and his incredible attention to detail is shown through printmaking, sculpture, ceramics, book making and digital and chemical photography.
INNES MICHIE – whose work primarily relates to Scotland – its coastline, its people and its national flower exhibits a fine array of work of her native land. Scotland’s beaches are a constant source of inspiration to Innes from the east coast around St Andrews to Arran in the West. She paints thistles with a palette knife to reflect their spiky quality and she experiments with a variety of colours not just purple and greens.
JOSEPHINE BROEKHUIZEN – is originally from the Netherlands and her work is mostly in oils but she also makes screen prints linocuts and etchings. Her artworks are most intriguing and her pictures contain much more than meets the eye and a second look and further thought is always rewarded.
Also taking part in this diverse Show is Glasgow artist Ross Muir and Canadian born artist Michelle Cohen whose work is well known and much loved by Gallery customers. Details and images will follow later in the week.
The Show runs from Thursday, October 19th, 2017, to the end of the month and on Saturday 21 October some of the artists will be in the Gallery throughout the day to chat about their work ……come along and meet them and enjoy a glass of wine from 1pm.
More about Thistle Gallery
- Many Singers Many Songs, Maryhill, 24 November, 2018
- West Dunbartonshire Christmas Toy Appeal
- Six and a Tanner, One Man Play by Rony Bridges
- Tai Chi Classes at Hillhead Sports Club
- Claire McFall, Creative Conversations
- Cultural Diversity Showcase, The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Black History Month
- “Freedom Bound” – Slavery in Scotland Discussion at GOMA
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Freedom Bound – Escaping Slavery in Scotland
- Dublin Film Festival celebrating New Scottish Cinema
- Glasgow Christmas Lights Switch On
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre at The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Lady Vengeance at Glasgow Film Theatre
- John Carpenter: Master of Horror at Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Handmaiden – GFT
- A night of music and song in support of Cure Claire’s Cancer
- Linda Jaxson, Unchain My Heart, St Louis Partick
- We See The World Differently Screening 24 October, 2018
- The Big Day of KinDness 23 October, 2018
- My 20th Century Glasgow Film Theatre
- Standing on Their Shoulders, UK Premier, Africa in Motion Film Festival