E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
Opening event for two exhibitions as part of Glasgow International’s Director’s Programme at Kelvin Hall.
E.Jane – Lavendra
Lavendra is the name given by American artist and sound designer E. Jane to a fantastical brown dwarf star, an imagined planetary cosmos ‘stabilised’ for human presence by the harmonising influence of 1990s black pop divas including Aaliyah, Whitney Houston and Toni Braxton.
Taking in themes associated with Afrofuturism, Lavendra is driven by both a sense of what might be magical in the internet era – when identity and representation are given a heightened digital public platform – as well as a desire to heal.
Hardeep Pandhal – Self-Loathing Flashmob
Hardeep Pandhal creates a new installation in the institutional environs of Kelvin Hall’s foyer and dancehall.
With this large-scale work, stretching across two floors, he presents an upturned world suggesting that whilst technology might mutate, evolve and eventually slip into obsolescence, the sociopathic tendencies of the ‘totalising eye’ remain dangerously consistent.
Kelvin Hall, 1445 Argyle Street, G3 8AW
Part of Glasgow International Festival
- Only You GFT
- Tell It To The Bees GFT
- Our Time, GFT
- Varda by Agnes GFT
- CineRoma at Govanhill International Festival
- Back to the future: 1979-1989 Film Screenings at Kelvin Hall
- African Film Touring Programme Summer 2019
- Dance with a Stranger, GFT
- Eatfilm at Sloans presents Black Panther
- Africa in Motion Africa 3.0: Vanity CCA
- Gaza GFT
- Gwen, GFT
- Matchbox Cineclub + Sad Girl Cinema Der Fan
- Gregory’s Girl, Back to the Future at Kelvin Hall
- University of Glasgow Short Courses Open Evening 2019
- Africa in Motion Film Festival Foreign Body CCA
- Gypsy Music Short Course
- Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese GFT
- Of Fish and Foe GFT
- Special Events at Glasgow Film Theatre July 2019