E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
Opening event for two exhibitions as part of Glasgow International’s Director’s Programme at Kelvin Hall.
E.Jane – Lavendra
Lavendra is the name given by American artist and sound designer E. Jane to a fantastical brown dwarf star, an imagined planetary cosmos ‘stabilised’ for human presence by the harmonising influence of 1990s black pop divas including Aaliyah, Whitney Houston and Toni Braxton.
Taking in themes associated with Afrofuturism, Lavendra is driven by both a sense of what might be magical in the internet era – when identity and representation are given a heightened digital public platform – as well as a desire to heal.
Hardeep Pandhal – Self-Loathing Flashmob
Hardeep Pandhal creates a new installation in the institutional environs of Kelvin Hall’s foyer and dancehall.
With this large-scale work, stretching across two floors, he presents an upturned world suggesting that whilst technology might mutate, evolve and eventually slip into obsolescence, the sociopathic tendencies of the ‘totalising eye’ remain dangerously consistent.
Kelvin Hall, 1445 Argyle Street, G3 8AW
Part of Glasgow International Festival
- Aye Write 2019 Tom & James Morton
- Aye Write 2019 Gaelic Reading and Singing (Family Event)
- Aye Write 2019: Henry VIII and the Men that Made Him Tracy Borman review by Mary Irvine
- Aye Write: Tribes of Glasgow review by Pat Byrne
- Glasgow Comedy Festival Short Attention Span Theatre
- Aye Write – celebration of writing from community based literacy and creative writing learners
- Neil Oliver at Aye Write 2019 review by Mary Irvine
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- Edwyn Collins at Monorail Music
- Book Launch: Welcome to the Heady Heights by David Ross
- Woodlands Community Garden’s 9th Birthday Celebration
- Starchild Art for Africa with McTears Auctioneers and The Hidden Lane Gallery
- Frank Turner at Aye Write
- Lynn Howarth Featured Artist at The Glasgow Gallery
- Aye Write! Open Mic with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Andrew O’Hagan Creative Conversations
- Launch of The Blame Game C.J. Cooke
- Hannah Aldridge and the Goat Roper Band
- Music Broth Grow With Music Youth Project
- Aye Write: Emily Cutts with Carol Craig