Drama Queens Special: New Plays, Glasgow Womens’ Library, 8 March, 2017
Drama Queens Special: New Plays at GWL
8th March at 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Drama Queens group launch Glasgow Women’s Library’s new shelf of women’s plays in dramatic style: Plays! Performance! Profiteroles!
Over the last few months, award-winning theatre company Stellar Quines have been working with at Glasgow Women’s Library to ensure culturally diverse voices are represented in their library, identifying women playwrights and sourcing works fwith a ‘Play Amnesty’ call out for plays written by women.
Unveiling of the new Drama Shelf on 8th March – International Women’s Day.
The afternoon starts at 2pm and will have readings from GWL’s Drama Queens, a discussion with Jemima Levick and workshops with Linda McLean and Lynda Radley at 2.30pm.
Come along to the sessions and also have cake, cuppa and browse the collection.
Drama Queens Special, Wednesday 8th March, 2pm to 4.30pm
The launch event coincides with International Women’s Day and will include readings by the Drama Queens and playwriting workshop session with Linda McLean and Lynda Radley. Playwrights, remembered to bring your manuscripts for our shelf!
Drama Queens takes places on 6th April, 2017 2.30pm to 4.30pm, and 4th May, 2017 5.30pm to 7.30pm.
This event is open to all and is free to attend. Please book – scroll down page.
Or call you can call us on 0141 550 2267. If you have booked a place and are no longer able to attend please let GWL know so that we can make your place available to someone else.
Glasgow Womans Library, 23 Landressy Street, Glasgow,G40 1BP
- Blinded by the Light at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Anderson Gerard Exhibition at Offshore Cafe Glasgow
- Alan Murphy – A Nod to John Martyn
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Queen Margaret Drive Festival, West End Festival 2019
- Kirklee Allotments Open Day West End Festival 2019
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Britain on Film: Welcome to Britain plus Q & A GFT
- Memoir of War GFT
- Anna Magnani: Made in Rome GFT
- The Cure Live at Hydepark – Anniversary 1978 – 2018
- Outdoor Art Film, Eglantine, North Kelvin Meadow Glasgow
- The Glasgow Mela 2019
- Love Me or Leave Me, GFT
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- The Captor, GFT
- Robert the Bruce, GFT