Drama Queens Special: New Plays, Glasgow Womens’ Library, 8 March, 2017
Drama Queens Special: New Plays at GWL
8th March at 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Drama Queens group launch Glasgow Women’s Library’s new shelf of women’s plays in dramatic style: Plays! Performance! Profiteroles!
Over the last few months, award-winning theatre company Stellar Quines have been working with at Glasgow Women’s Library to ensure culturally diverse voices are represented in their library, identifying women playwrights and sourcing works fwith a ‘Play Amnesty’ call out for plays written by women.
Unveiling of the new Drama Shelf on 8th March – International Women’s Day.
The afternoon starts at 2pm and will have readings from GWL’s Drama Queens, a discussion with Jemima Levick and workshops with Linda McLean and Lynda Radley at 2.30pm.
Come along to the sessions and also have cake, cuppa and browse the collection.
Drama Queens Special, Wednesday 8th March, 2pm to 4.30pm
The launch event coincides with International Women’s Day and will include readings by the Drama Queens and playwriting workshop session with Linda McLean and Lynda Radley. Playwrights, remembered to bring your manuscripts for our shelf!
Drama Queens takes places on 6th April, 2017 2.30pm to 4.30pm, and 4th May, 2017 5.30pm to 7.30pm.
This event is open to all and is free to attend. Please book – scroll down page.
Or call you can call us on 0141 550 2267. If you have booked a place and are no longer able to attend please let GWL know so that we can make your place available to someone else.
Glasgow Womans Library, 23 Landressy Street, Glasgow,G40 1BP
- The 5th Annual Champipunship, OranMor
- Cindigo, Poets at West End Festival
- Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- Dodie Bellamy, Kevin Killian, Calum Gardner, SWG3 Poetry Club
- Spotlight on Cinemas – West End Festival 2018
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Beyond Boundaries, Festival 2018, Call For Poems
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Launch of Autumn Voices 2018
- ‘Growing and Dying’ Tribute to Janet Paisley, Event at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Writers’ Workshop Day at Fruin Farm, Nr. Helensburgh
- Marian Keyes at Aye Write, the Mitchell Library
- Autumn Voices Project – Poetry Competition 2018
- Autumn Voices Showcase 2018
- Creative Writing Fair, University of Glasgow
- Aye Write: Wee Write Beano Cartoon Capers, Mitchell Library