Drama Queens Special: New Plays, Glasgow Womens’ Library, 8 March, 2017
Drama Queens Special: New Plays at GWL
8th March at 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Drama Queens group launch Glasgow Women’s Library’s new shelf of women’s plays in dramatic style: Plays! Performance! Profiteroles!
Over the last few months, award-winning theatre company Stellar Quines have been working with at Glasgow Women’s Library to ensure culturally diverse voices are represented in their library, identifying women playwrights and sourcing works fwith a ‘Play Amnesty’ call out for plays written by women.
Unveiling of the new Drama Shelf on 8th March – International Women’s Day.
The afternoon starts at 2pm and will have readings from GWL’s Drama Queens, a discussion with Jemima Levick and workshops with Linda McLean and Lynda Radley at 2.30pm.
Come along to the sessions and also have cake, cuppa and browse the collection.
Drama Queens Special, Wednesday 8th March, 2pm to 4.30pm
The launch event coincides with International Women’s Day and will include readings by the Drama Queens and playwriting workshop session with Linda McLean and Lynda Radley. Playwrights, remembered to bring your manuscripts for our shelf!
Drama Queens takes places on 6th April, 2017 2.30pm to 4.30pm, and 4th May, 2017 5.30pm to 7.30pm.
This event is open to all and is free to attend. Please book – scroll down page.
Or call you can call us on 0141 550 2267. If you have booked a place and are no longer able to attend please let GWL know so that we can make your place available to someone else.
Glasgow Womans Library, 23 Landressy Street, Glasgow,G40 1BP
- Wee Write – Family Days at Aye Write! 3 and 4 March, 2018
- Ten Writers Telling Lies and M. Litt Creative Writing Open Mic, Gilchrist Centre University of Glasgow
- Nature Writing Beyond Landscape – Scottish Writers Centre, Glasgow
- Express Yourself, Women in Poetry at Tell It Slant, Friday 23 February, 2018
- Colin Herd, Poet at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- LGBT History Month, Film Screening and Discussion, STUC
- The Carrbridge Rose – Brian Whittingham
- Ian Bell New Writing Award, Meet the Judges at Aye Write
- Sonnet Youth at The Drygate, 21 February, 2018
- Aye Write! Denise Mina introduces… Danny Denton & Mick Kitson 18 March, 2018
- Denise Mina at Creative Conversations review Pat Byrne
- Sextival: Queer Relationships on Film, CCA
- Aye Write 2018 – Darren McGarvey & Raoul Martinez, Freedom From Poverty
- Eileen Myles and nick-e-melville, OranMor
- Denise Mina at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- The Darker Side of Fairytales with Kirsty Logan, Dumbarton Library
- Honest Error: Glasgow Poets on Charles Rennie Mackintosh, The Hunterian, University of Glasgow
- Writer David Keenan, Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- AyeWrite! 2018 Ten Writers Telling Lies