Drama Queens Special: New Plays, Glasgow Womens’ Library, 8 March, 2017
Drama Queens Special: New Plays at GWL
8th March at 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Drama Queens group launch Glasgow Women’s Library’s new shelf of women’s plays in dramatic style: Plays! Performance! Profiteroles!
Over the last few months, award-winning theatre company Stellar Quines have been working with at Glasgow Women’s Library to ensure culturally diverse voices are represented in their library, identifying women playwrights and sourcing works fwith a ‘Play Amnesty’ call out for plays written by women.
Unveiling of the new Drama Shelf on 8th March – International Women’s Day.
The afternoon starts at 2pm and will have readings from GWL’s Drama Queens, a discussion with Jemima Levick and workshops with Linda McLean and Lynda Radley at 2.30pm.
Come along to the sessions and also have cake, cuppa and browse the collection.
Drama Queens Special, Wednesday 8th March, 2pm to 4.30pm
The launch event coincides with International Women’s Day and will include readings by the Drama Queens and playwriting workshop session with Linda McLean and Lynda Radley. Playwrights, remembered to bring your manuscripts for our shelf!
Drama Queens takes places on 6th April, 2017 2.30pm to 4.30pm, and 4th May, 2017 5.30pm to 7.30pm.
This event is open to all and is free to attend. Please book – scroll down page.
Or call you can call us on 0141 550 2267. If you have booked a place and are no longer able to attend please let GWL know so that we can make your place available to someone else.
Glasgow Womans Library, 23 Landressy Street, Glasgow,G40 1BP
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- The Scottish Witchfinder by Jacqueline Smith
- John Maclean, Hero of Red Clydeside by Henry Bell
- Hollie McNish OranMor
- Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
- After He Died Book Launch, Michael J Malone
- Stuart Paterson, Write on Cue!
- An Evening with Nawal Slemiah, Project Cafe Glasgow
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- Stuart Cosgrove, ‘Harlem 69’ Book Launch
- Richard Holloway, Creative Conversatons
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- All The Time We Thought We Had, Gordon Darroch Waterstones
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- She’s En Scene Women’s Film Screening and Discussion, Glasgow
- With Their Best Clothes On, New Writing Scotland Launch
- The Big Chair – Autumn Voices – Robin Lloyd-Jones
- An Evening with Charles McGarry, Waterstones Sauchiehall Street
- Public Lecture of the Publishing Scotland’s International Fellows Glasgow – review by Mary Irvine