Dougie MacLean in Concert, Glasgow and Linlithgow, June 2014
With The RSNO
Saturday 7th June 2014
Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
Buy Tickets Now!
0141 353 8000
Linlithgow Folk Festival Association Spring Concert
Saturday 14th June 2014
An element of the Linlithgow Civic Festival will be the Linlithgow Folk Festival Association Spring Concert. Our Spring Concert will be held in the Marches Marquee at the Rugby Club, Mains Road, Linlithgow on Saturday 14th June 2014 from 7.30pm and we are delighted that Dougie MacLean will headline the evening.
Described as “one of Scotland’s premier singer-songwriters” Dougie MacLean has built an international reputation as songwriter, composer and extraordinary performer on his own terms. This talent has taken his performance to concerts and festivals all over the world and to the stages of Carnegie Hall in New York, London’s Festival Theatre and the Sydney Opera House.
His songs have been covered by hosts of artists including Scottish stars Paolo Nutini & Amy MacDonald, Irish greats Ronan Keating, Mary & Frances Black, Dolores Keane, Deanta and Cara Dillon, and Grammy award winning US country singer Kathy Mattea. His anthem Caledonia has topped the Scottish charts and become one of Scotland’s most popular contemporary songs. His music has been used in Hollywood films (eg Last of the Mohicans), TV Drama (eg BBC’s A Mugs Game) and he has been the subject of three BBC TV Specials (The Land – Songs of Dougie MacLean, SongRoads and Clann na Mara – Children of the Sea).
Dougie will be supported by the excellent Celtic Quines. Three of Scotland’s finest female vocalists – Katherine Macleod, Celine Donohue and Eilidh Grant – are the Celtic Quines. All three have first class singing ability and a love of good songs. Katherine, Celine and Eilidh emerged on the folk scene by different routes. This variety of backgrounds serves to make a Celtic Quines performance all the richer.
We are sure that the event will be a fantastic evening for all.
Tickets, priced £18, are on sale now from the Box Office at the Burgh Halls on 01506 282720.
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Gig Guide
- Starry Skies, Warren and Heather at Old Hairdressers
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Clydebuilt Festival Dragon Boat Race
- Glasgow Museums – Great Big Heritage Bus Tour
- Walk in James Watt’s Footsteps
- East End Free Festival
- Tenements Today Tenements Tomorrow
- The Rebirth of the Clyde, Fairfield Heritage
- Broken Chanter Album Launch, CCA
- Bohemia Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair
- Michael Simons at Partick Folk Club
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Matchbox Cineclub Weird Weekend at CCA Glasgow
- Take One Action, GFT
- Extinction Rebellion Climate Carnival Renfrewshire
- Yellow Road – Folk on the Fringe
- The Farewell Opening Gala GYFF 2019
- Drag Kids, GFT Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Careers in Film – Glasgow Youth Film Festival