Dougie MacLean in Concert, Glasgow and Linlithgow, June 2014
With The RSNO
Saturday 7th June 2014
Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
Buy Tickets Now!
0141 353 8000
Linlithgow Folk Festival Association Spring Concert
Saturday 14th June 2014
An element of the Linlithgow Civic Festival will be the Linlithgow Folk Festival Association Spring Concert. Our Spring Concert will be held in the Marches Marquee at the Rugby Club, Mains Road, Linlithgow on Saturday 14th June 2014 from 7.30pm and we are delighted that Dougie MacLean will headline the evening.
Described as “one of Scotland’s premier singer-songwriters” Dougie MacLean has built an international reputation as songwriter, composer and extraordinary performer on his own terms. This talent has taken his performance to concerts and festivals all over the world and to the stages of Carnegie Hall in New York, London’s Festival Theatre and the Sydney Opera House.
His songs have been covered by hosts of artists including Scottish stars Paolo Nutini & Amy MacDonald, Irish greats Ronan Keating, Mary & Frances Black, Dolores Keane, Deanta and Cara Dillon, and Grammy award winning US country singer Kathy Mattea. His anthem Caledonia has topped the Scottish charts and become one of Scotland’s most popular contemporary songs. His music has been used in Hollywood films (eg Last of the Mohicans), TV Drama (eg BBC’s A Mugs Game) and he has been the subject of three BBC TV Specials (The Land – Songs of Dougie MacLean, SongRoads and Clann na Mara – Children of the Sea).
Dougie will be supported by the excellent Celtic Quines. Three of Scotland’s finest female vocalists – Katherine Macleod, Celine Donohue and Eilidh Grant – are the Celtic Quines. All three have first class singing ability and a love of good songs. Katherine, Celine and Eilidh emerged on the folk scene by different routes. This variety of backgrounds serves to make a Celtic Quines performance all the richer.
We are sure that the event will be a fantastic evening for all.
Tickets, priced £18, are on sale now from the Box Office at the Burgh Halls on 01506 282720.
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Gig Guide
- Summer Ball Fundraiser Craft Café Govan
- Lids Open Day with Glasgow Piano City West End Festival
- The Tennessee Hotshots at Websters Playhouse
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- The Big West End Festival Closing Party Cottiers
- Big Choir Concert at Cottiers
- Carers’ Week 2019
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Wilton Street Garden Fete
- Glasgow Roma Traveller Celebration CCA
- Da Capo Alba guitar and mandolin orchestra Cottiers
- Southside Film Festival 2019
- Arlington Baths at West End Festival 2019
- Dear Dinosaur: T Rex on Tour
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019: Call for Submissions & Careers Day
- Doc’ n Roll Film Festival Glasgow
- Claiming Back the Narrative, Refugee Week Scotland 2019
- WEF 2019: Fiona Cuthill & Stevie Lawrence- Traditional Scottish Music
- Nekkuro Hana, Kundalini Genie + Pelican Tusk, The Hug and Pint
- Album Launch: The Kundalini Genie ‘It’s All In Your Head’