DOG AUDITIONS FOR THE ROLE OF RUFUS IN LEGALLY BLONDE THE MUSICAL ARE BEING HELD IN GLASGOW
WEDNESDAY 14 FEBRUARY 2018
Could your pampered pet or family pooch be destined for fame? The producers of the smash-hit Broadway and West End production, Legally Blonde The Musical are on the hunt for a star-studded pup to join an all-star cast when the show arrives at the King’s Theatre in Glasgow.
The producers are ideally looking for a bulldog but will consider other breeds.
Auditions will be held at Theatre Royal (282 Hope St, Glasgow G2 3QA) on Wednesday 14 February for the part of Rufus, character Paulette Bonafonté’s dog.
The chosen canine will star alongside, Eastender’s Rita Simmons, Eurovision singer Lucie Jones, Emmerdale’s Bill Ward and of course, Elle’s dog Brusier.
Legally Blonde The Musical will run at the King’s from Monday 23 until Saturday 28 April 2018.
Associate Director David Barrett said: “Our cute Brusier has already been cast and we are looking for a big, brutish dog that only its mother could love to play Rufus during the Glasgow run. Preferably a bulldog like in the film, but we are certainly open to options.”
If you think your dog has what it takes, please contact email@example.com for more information and an application form.
Legally Blonde The Musical is an all singing, all dancing romantic comedy, a fun-filled, feel-good pink fest.
The popular tale tells of college sweetheart and homecoming queen Elle Woods who doesn’t take no for an answer. When her boyfriend dumps her for someone more serious, Elle puts down the credit card, hits the books and heads for Harvard Law School while proving that being true to yourself never goes out of style.
Based on the Reese Witherspoon film, Legally Blonde The Musical earned seven Tony nominations and 10 Drama Desk Award nominations during its Broadway run. In the UK it was nominated for 5 Laurence Olivier Awards, winning 3 including Best New Musical. It was also nominated for 8 Whatsonstage Awards, winning 4, including Best Musical.
- East End Free Festival
- Tenements Today Tenements Tomorrow
- Thirty Years of Glasgow Doors Open Day
- The Rebirth of the Clyde, Fairfield Heritage
- Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
- Glasgow Then and Now at The Mitchell Library
- Broken Chanter Album Launch, CCA
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Linda McCartney Retrospective at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- Michael Simons at Partick Folk Club
- Free event: Scottish Writers Showcase, University of Glasgow
- Book Launch: Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- Leto GFT
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood GFT
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Inside Man GFT
- Gaza GFT
- Preview: For Sama GFT plus Q & A