DOG AUDITIONS FOR THE ROLE OF RUFUS IN LEGALLY BLONDE THE MUSICAL ARE BEING HELD IN GLASGOW
WEDNESDAY 14 FEBRUARY 2018
Could your pampered pet or family pooch be destined for fame? The producers of the smash-hit Broadway and West End production, Legally Blonde The Musical are on the hunt for a star-studded pup to join an all-star cast when the show arrives at the King’s Theatre in Glasgow.
The producers are ideally looking for a bulldog but will consider other breeds.
Auditions will be held at Theatre Royal (282 Hope St, Glasgow G2 3QA) on Wednesday 14 February for the part of Rufus, character Paulette Bonafonté’s dog.
The chosen canine will star alongside, Eastender’s Rita Simmons, Eurovision singer Lucie Jones, Emmerdale’s Bill Ward and of course, Elle’s dog Brusier.
Legally Blonde The Musical will run at the King’s from Monday 23 until Saturday 28 April 2018.
Associate Director David Barrett said: “Our cute Brusier has already been cast and we are looking for a big, brutish dog that only its mother could love to play Rufus during the Glasgow run. Preferably a bulldog like in the film, but we are certainly open to options.”
If you think your dog has what it takes, please contact email@example.com for more information and an application form.
Legally Blonde The Musical is an all singing, all dancing romantic comedy, a fun-filled, feel-good pink fest.
The popular tale tells of college sweetheart and homecoming queen Elle Woods who doesn’t take no for an answer. When her boyfriend dumps her for someone more serious, Elle puts down the credit card, hits the books and heads for Harvard Law School while proving that being true to yourself never goes out of style.
Based on the Reese Witherspoon film, Legally Blonde The Musical earned seven Tony nominations and 10 Drama Desk Award nominations during its Broadway run. In the UK it was nominated for 5 Laurence Olivier Awards, winning 3 including Best New Musical. It was also nominated for 8 Whatsonstage Awards, winning 4, including Best Musical.
- Alan Murphy – A Nod to John Martyn
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Queen Margaret Drive Festival, West End Festival 2019
- Kirklee Allotments Open Day West End Festival 2019
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Britain on Film: Welcome to Britain plus Q & A GFT
- Memoir of War GFT
- Anna Magnani: Made in Rome GFT
- The Cure Live at Hydepark – Anniversary 1978 – 2018
- Outdoor Art Film, Eglantine, North Kelvin Meadow Glasgow
- The Glasgow Mela 2019
- Love Me or Leave Me, GFT
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- The Captor, GFT
- Robert the Bruce, GFT
- Diego Maradona GFT
- NT Live: Small Island, GFT