Dodie Bellamy, Kevin Killian, Calum Gardner, SWG3 Poetry Club
Dodie Bellamy writes genre-bending works that focus on sexuality, politics, and narrative experimentation, challenging the distinctions between fiction, essay, and poetry. Her most recent collection is When the Sick Rule the World, from Semiotext(e). Her chapbook, The Beating of Our Hearts, was published in conjunction with the 2014 Whitney Biennial. With Kevin Killian she edited for Nightboat Books Writers Who Love Too Much: New Narrative 1977-1997 (2017).
Kevin Killian is a San Francisco-based writer and artist. His books include Impossible Princess, Action Kylie, Spreadeagle,three volumes of Selected Amazon Reviews, and Tony Greene Era. Recent projects include an edition of Jack Spicer’s letters,and Tagged, nude portraits of poets, artists, writers, musicians, etc. In 2017 Nightboat Books published Writers Who Love Too Much: New Narrative 1977-1997, an anthology Killian edited with Dodie Bellamy.
Calum Gardner is a poet, critic, itinerant poetry teacher, and editor of Zarf poetry magazine. Poems can be found in publications such as 3AM, Adjacent Pineapple, amberflora, etc. and in their pamphlet the bodies trilogy from Vesselwork Distro.
SWG3 Poetry Club, 100 Eastvale Place, Glasgow G3 8QG
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Kusama – Infinity, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Mark Kermode Book Tour at GFT, ‘How Does It Feel?’
- Breaking Boundaries, Bringing Translated Literature to Scotland
- Red Squirrel Press, Scottish Writers Centre
- Word Jazzology, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Remembering Glasgow’s Forgotten Women
- Book Week Scotland 2018
- Liam McIlvanney, Creative Conversations University of Glasgow
- Glasgow Scribes (calligraphy).
- Book Week Scotland: Worlds of Ursula K. Le Guin Documentary GFT
- Book Week Scotland 2018 – Events at Arlington Baths Club
- Poetry at Inn Deep with Cat Hepburn
- Book Week Scotland: Denise Mina and Liam McIlvaney
- Scottish Pen: The Day of the Imprisoned Writer
- Catriona Malan – Meet the Author at Fruin Farm
- Mary Irvine: Scottish Writers Centre Comes Home
- ‘Neither Oil Nor Water’ book launch Jim Ferguson
- Gail Honeyman, Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Women’s Voices in Culture and Politics in Cuba CCA