Document Film Festival Glasgow 2018
Document Film Festival 2018 has relocated to the Scottish Youth Theatre, 105 Brunswick Street, Glasgow G1 1TF for its 16th edition.
This year the festival brings discussions and workshops as well as forty feature length and short documentary films from around the globe. It will include eleven Scottish premieres and some of the world’s most exciting prize-winning films.
“Alongside innovative and striking contemporary titles, this year’s festival finds us exploring the histories, afterlives and generative potential of archives – looking at what they can tell us about how we understand our individual and collective histories, particularly in relation to some of the seismic political events of the twentieth century.
We approach the literal and figurative notion of an archive as a means to interrogate the writing of history, and as a way to discover some of the revolutionary filmmakers who a have sought counter the forces of historical erasure.
From the radical women who transgressed tradition to pioneer a New Arab Cinema; to the Tokyo day-labourers who waged war on the Yakuza; and the birth of Guinean cinema and the decolonising vision of Amílcar Cabral – we listen to often-unheard voices that might help us better understand the structures binding our world, and imagine futures beyond the stasis and repetition of the contemporary moment.”
Tickets to all events are either free or priced on a Pay What You Can basis from £0 to £8 (in £2 increments).
This section: Cinema, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Silent Disco Party Parade, The Record Factory
- GFF19 Jim Galloway – A Journey In Jazz CCA
- A Private War GFT
- Tell It To The Bees
- The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
- The Vanishing Glasgow Film Theatre
- An Elephant Sitting Still Glasgow Film Theatre
- Tickets on Sale Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- The Hole in the Ground, Glasgow Film Festival
- FrightFest Week-End 1 and 2 March, 2019
- Full Programme Announced Glasgow Film Festival
- Belgian Cinema ‘Both Sides Now’, Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- Glasgow Film Festival: Mother’s Instinct
- Cubanos: Woman and the Revolution
- SQIFF Shorts on Tour presented with STUC LGBT+ Committee, CCA
- An Impossible Love GFT
- Weekend: Valentine’s Day The Seamore
- Access Film Club High Fidelity, GFT
- Roma at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Film Screening: Les Enfants de Mishwar