By Distinction Gallery, Byres Road – Summer Hues Exhibition still running, August 2017
By Distinction, 100 Byres Rd, Glasgow G12 8TB Telephone: 0141 334 4342
This exhibition features work by a range of atists, incuding:
Margaret Evans, Ryan Mutter Cecilia Cardiff, June Carey,Frank McNab, Helen Wilson, Paddy Dorrian, Alison McWhirter, Adrian Wiszniewski and Jewellery by Ruth Swan
Mutter believes there is much to learn from the country’s industrial heritage. He has built a formidable reputation as a powerful contemporary painter of industrial and maritime subjects. This exhibition captures a previous with Mutter’s strong depictions of the skilled shipbuilders and craftsmen of the River Clyde.
Born in 1978, Mutter studied at the Glasgow School of Art, where he graduated in 2001. He has won many distinguished awards, including from the Royal Glasgow Institute of Fine Arts.
McWhirter’s studies of flowers are intimate compositions which evoke a mood through their vibrancy of colour and loose brushwork. Her paintings are instinctive responses to her subject and express a sense of spontaneity.
Since moving to Glasgow in June 2012, McWhirter’s work has been accepted by the Royal Glasgow Institute and exhibited at the Annual RGI show.
- Mind and Draw Live Music and Poetry Art Sessions at WEvolution
- Do The Right Thing CineMasters Spike Lee at GFT
- G20 Youth Festival – Raising Funds
- Govanhill Carnival Parade 2019
- Govanhill International Festival 2019
- Mother Courage and Her Children by Tom Leonard
- Only You GFT
- Tell It To The Bees GFT
- Our Time, GFT
- Varda by Agnes GFT
- CineRoma at Govanhill International Festival
- Back to the future: 1979-1989 Film Screenings at Kelvin Hall
- African Film Touring Programme Summer 2019
- Dance with a Stranger, GFT
- Eatfilm at Sloans presents Black Panther
- Africa in Motion Africa 3.0: Vanity CCA
- Gaza GFT
- Gwen, GFT
- Matchbox Cineclub + Sad Girl Cinema Der Fan
- Gregory’s Girl, Back to the Future at Kelvin Hall