Discover Indonesia Goenawan Mohamad in Conversation CCA Sat 12 September 2015
Goenawan Mohamad in Conversation
Sat 12 September 2015
An insightful conversation with influential writer, poet and activist, Goenawan Mohamad. Over the past 30 years he has pursued a tireless fight for freedom of expression, leading to the foundation of several arts and media organisations and establishing the Indonesian press as one of the most liberal in South-East Asia.
This is followed by Indonesia Today, a 4pm discussion on present day life in Indonesia from a cultural perspective, chaired by Goenawan Mohamad and featuring Jim Allen Abel, Rafly Kande, Jompet Kusiwidananto & Senyawa.
Celebrating 70 years since the Proclamation of Indonesian Independence (Proklamasi), Discover Indonesia is the largest curated showcase of Indonesian performing arts within the UK. In Glasgow, Cryptic presents the best of Indonesian visual arts, music, theatre, traditional dance, film and cuisine.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Aye Write! presents Jane Harper
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- A Place For The Work and The Human Being
- West End Shop Fronts, Virtual Tour Kelvin Hall
- Glasgow Botanic Gardens: 200 Years at West End Festival 2019
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Dear Dinosaur: T Rex on Tour
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Get Your Scots Wirds Oot and Caa Awa!
- Dan Richards Booked! Festival 2019 review Mary Irvine
- Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo and other stories at West End Festival
- Mary Irvine review: Polly Clarke – the tiger lady! Booked! Festival
- Taking Tea with a Trailblazer, NLS Kelvin Hall
- Samina Chaudry at Avant Garde
- Kerry Hudson’s Lowborn Tour, The Mitchell review Pat Byrne
- Seeds of Thought – Creative Writing
- Richard Holloway ‘Waiting for the Last Bus’ review Mary Irvine
- Look Who’s Talking Now with Des Dillon
- Helen Fitzgerald and Doug Johnstone at Waterstones Sauchiehall St