Discover Indonesia Goenawan Mohamad in Conversation CCA Sat 12 September 2015
Goenawan Mohamad in Conversation
Sat 12 September 2015
2.30pm, Free but ticketed, Cinema
Book online / 0141 352 4900
An insightful conversation with influential writer, poet and activist, Goenawan Mohamad. Over the past 30 years he has pursued a tireless fight for freedom of expression, leading to the foundation of several arts and media organisations and establishing the Indonesian press as one of the most liberal in South-East Asia.
This is followed by Indonesia Today, a 4pm discussion on present day life in Indonesia from a cultural perspective, chaired by Goenawan Mohamad and featuring Jim Allen Abel, Rafly Kande, Jompet Kusiwidananto & Senyawa.
Celebrating 70 years since the Proclamation of Indonesian Independence (Proklamasi), Discover Indonesia is the largest curated showcase of Indonesian performing arts within the UK. In Glasgow, Cryptic presents the best of Indonesian visual arts, music, theatre, traditional dance, film and cuisine.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Word Jazzology, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- ‘thi wurd’ #3 at The Old Hairdressers, Glasgow
- Jane Harris Creative Conversations University of Glasgow
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- The Scottish Witchfinder by Jacqueline Smith
- John Maclean, Hero of Red Clydeside by Henry Bell
- Hollie McNish OranMor
- Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
- After He Died Book Launch, Michael J Malone
- Stuart Paterson, Write on Cue!
- An Evening with Nawal Slemiah, Project Cafe Glasgow
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- Stuart Cosgrove, ‘Harlem 69’ Book Launch
- Richard Holloway, Creative Conversatons
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- All The Time We Thought We Had, Gordon Darroch Waterstones
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- She’s En Scene Women’s Film Screening and Discussion, Glasgow
- With Their Best Clothes On, New Writing Scotland Launch