Disappearing Glasgow Exhibition, Chris Leslie,Glasgow School of Art– 17 September until 2 October, 2016.
Preview 16 September.
Glasgow School of Art, Reid Building, Renfrew Street, G3
The skyline of Glasgow has been radically transformed as high rise tower blocks have been blown down and bulldozed. Does this Disappearing Glasgow herald a renaissance in the city? Photographer and filmmaker Chris Leslie is widely acknowledged as the most consistent chronicler of the city’s recent history. His exhibition and accompanying book, edited by Johnny Rodger, documents an era of spectacular change in film and still photography. The Exhibition runs from the 17th Sep to 2nd October.
- The Children’s Wood, Halloween 2018
- Many Singers Many Songs, Maryhill, 24 November, 2018
- West Dunbartonshire Christmas Toy Appeal
- Six and a Tanner, One Man Play by Rony Bridges
- Tai Chi Classes at Hillhead Sports Club
- Claire McFall, Creative Conversations
- Cultural Diversity Showcase, The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Black History Month
- “Freedom Bound” – Slavery in Scotland Discussion at GOMA
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Freedom Bound – Escaping Slavery in Scotland
- Dublin Film Festival celebrating New Scottish Cinema
- Glasgow Christmas Lights Switch On
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre at The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Lady Vengeance at Glasgow Film Theatre
- John Carpenter: Master of Horror at Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Handmaiden – GFT
- A night of music and song in support of Cure Claire’s Cancer
- Linda Jaxson, Unchain My Heart, St Louis Partick
- We See The World Differently Screening 24 October, 2018
- The Big Day of KinDness 23 October, 2018
- My 20th Century Glasgow Film Theatre