Disappearing Glasgow Exhibition, Chris Leslie,Glasgow School of Art– 17 September until 2 October, 2016.
Preview 16 September.
Glasgow School of Art, Reid Building, Renfrew Street, G3
The skyline of Glasgow has been radically transformed as high rise tower blocks have been blown down and bulldozed. Does this Disappearing Glasgow herald a renaissance in the city? Photographer and filmmaker Chris Leslie is widely acknowledged as the most consistent chronicler of the city’s recent history. His exhibition and accompanying book, edited by Johnny Rodger, documents an era of spectacular change in film and still photography. The Exhibition runs from the 17th Sep to 2nd October.
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
- Nnena Kalu, ProjectAbility, Glasgow
- Transatlantic connections – Hunterian exhibition brings Harvard’s historic treasures to Glasgow
- Woodlands Arts Survey & Artist Network Lunch Woodlands Workspace
- Fresh Work Springs Eternal at Thistle Gallery
- Cross-feed Night School with Dr David Luke
- ‘Spring: the music of open windows’ at Thistle Gallery
- Dr Yupin Chung: Tea Under A Willow Tree, Glasgow Art Club
- 150th Anniversary Talks: Joanne Laird & Norman Walker Scotland Street School
- Frostpinni!, The Lighthouse
- SWG3 presents Yardworks Festival 2018 – Graffiti – Street – Design
- The Pyramid at Anderston, New Logo Competition
- Ross Birrell The Transit of Hermes, CCA
- David Mach ‘Against the Tide’ Cass Art, Glasgow
- Ciara Phillips Show Me Your Glow, Glasgow Print Studio, Glasgow International
- Peter Houghton Art at Eusebi Easter, 2018
- Still Moving: Films and Photographs of Ulrike Ottinger, The Hunterian
- Queen Mother Women’s Art Group Exhibition at ProjectAbility
- Unbuilt Mackintosh, The Hunterian
- Iain’s Brushwork Brings Art to Life at Thistle Gallery