Descent The Play, Websters Theatre, 2 May, 2017
8:00 pm – 9:10 pm
A play about love. And dementia. But mostly about love.
‘If you love someone you stick by them, no matter what happens. Because that’s the deal. Isn’t it?’
50-somethings Rob and Cathy are looking forward to reclaiming their own lives now that their daughter Nicola is grown-up and settled; but looming over them is a threat that could rip the future apart for all three of them. Descent explores what happens as they try to hold on to each other – and themselves – in the face of early onset dementia.
Descent doesn’t flinch from the despair and heartbreak they face; but it also celebrates the courage, the hope, the humanity – and even the humour – they bring to the fight.
‘Powerful….unflinching yet caring….a highlight’ Liam Sinclair, Chair, Luminate Festival
‘You might not expect humour in the midst of such grim truths, but it flickers in and out, a sparky reminder of how Cathy and her ilk cling on to hope and humanity’. Mary Brennan, the Herald
‘Straightforwardly powerful and heartbreaking…magnificently acted’. Joyce McMillan, The Scotsman
**** The Scotsman; **** The Herald; **** The List; **** Edinburgh Guide.com; ****alledinburghtheatre.com; **** mumbletheatre.net; *****TV Bomb
Nominated Best New Play and Best Male Actor, CATS 2016
Recommended 14+ – contains some swearing and moderate implied violence.
There will be no interval.
Tickets £11.50 Adults/£9.50 Concessions (ticket price inc. ticket admin fee which will display at the checkout) (fee applicable to all tickets, including tickets bought on the day)
(Concessions available for OAPs, u.16s, Students, Unwaged, Equity)
Please note, the box office is only manned when there is a performance in the venue. For Box Office Collection, please wait until the day of performance. Phone messages and emails to the Box Office are checked at least once a day, Tuesdays to Saturdays.
Websters 416 Great Western Road, Glasgow, G4 9HZ 0141 357 5825 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget Websters Bistro is now open for lunch, pre-theatre and a la carte meals
- East End Free Festival
- Tenements Today Tenements Tomorrow
- Thirty Years of Glasgow Doors Open Day
- The Rebirth of the Clyde, Fairfield Heritage
- Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
- Glasgow Then and Now at The Mitchell Library
- Broken Chanter Album Launch, CCA
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Linda McCartney Retrospective at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- Michael Simons at Partick Folk Club
- Free event: Scottish Writers Showcase, University of Glasgow
- Book Launch: Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- Leto GFT
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood GFT
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Inside Man GFT
- Gaza GFT
- Preview: For Sama GFT plus Q & A