Descent, A Play, A Pie and A Pint, Mon, 12 October, 2015 — Sat, 17 October, 2015
A Play, A Pie and A Pint
Mon, 12 October, 2015 — Sat, 17 October, 2015
By Linda Duncan McLaughlin | Directed By Allie Butler
Featuring Barrie Hunter, Fiona MacNeil and Wendy Seager
OranMor, Top of Byres Road, Glasgow, G12 8QX
Presented by the Traverse Theatre, in association with Luminate Scotland’s creative ageing festival
What makes you ‘you’?
What makes you love someone?
And is it possible to hold onto it all when everything you share begins to disappear? … or are you just clinging to the ghost of what used to be?
Descent explores one couple’s struggle to keep their love alive in the face of the raging force of dementia. It takes an unflinching look at the guilt, the anger, and the despair they’re going through. But it also celebrates the courage, the love, the acceptance, and – even – the hope that they bring to the fight.
There will be a captioned performance of DESCENT on Wed 14th October
Linda Duncan McLaughlin is a Glasgow-based actor and award-winning writer, playwright and screenwriter. She has worked as an actor all over the UK, from Thurso to Plymouth, and her writing has been performed at The Byre, Claremorris Fringe Festival and, most recently, Solas Festival. Having been in at the very beginning of A Play, A Pie and A Pint (as an actor in the first ever production) and having worked at Òran Mór regularly over the last 11 years, she is doubly delighted to have her own writing performed here as part of the new season.
Monday – Saturday 1pm
(Doors 12pm/12.30pm on Mondays)
Ticket price includes a drink (beer, wine or soft drink) plus a pie or vegetarian quiche.
08444 771 000
This section: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
Filed under: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Get A Life, Websters Theatre
- Yer Tea’s Oot, Websters Theatre
- An Evening With Mark Beaumont at Cottiers
- Six and a Tanner, OranMor
- Romeo and Juliet, Theatre Royal Glasgow
- Short Attention Span Theatre Glasgow
- Songs of the Silver Screen, OranMor
- Face Forward University of Glasgow
- NATIVITY! THE MUSICAL RETURNS TO SCOTLAND TO SEARCH FOR STAR ROLES
- Autumn Season,2018, Play, Pie, Pint at OranMor
- The Pieman Cometh review by Pat Byrne
- Opera Bohemia, St John’s-Renfield Church, Glasgow
- Antigone, Websters Theatre
- United States of Americana, Cottiers
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow
- Cranhill Carmen, OranMor, West End Festival 2018
- Bard in the Botanics West End Festival 2018
- The National Theatre of Scotland presents: The Reason I Jump, West End Festival 2018
- A Fair Tale about a Fairy Trade, Websters Theatre
- Budapest Cafe Orchestra at Websters Theatre