Day of the Dead, St Luke’ Glasgow, 28 October, 2017
¡Arriba, arriba! The spirit of Día de los Muertos 💀 returns to Glasgow hosting their biggest fiesta to date!💃💃💃
Saturday 28th October
Saint Luke’s & The Winged Ox
Rapido Mariachi, Live Mexican party band
Señor Poco Loco DJ set
Carnival-esque dance & theatre performances
Mexican street food
Following four sell out shows at venues across the city, the annual fiesta returns to Saint Luke’s with another piñata-packed night of live music, dance & theatre performances, Latin tunes, facepainting, lashings of tequila, cocktails and Mexican street food.
Rapido Mariachi, Scotland’s best loved sombrero-topped four-piece, famed for their Barrowlands appearance with Canadian art rockers Arcade Fire, will take to the stage to perform their danceable, alternative pop twist on the mariachi tradition.
Transporting the fiesta to Mexico City and beyond will be resident BALKANARAMA DJ Ewan Evans, aka, Señor Poco Loco, spinning an exotic mix of heavy Latin rhythms, classic tunes, and tropical disco.
Recreating the festival’s carnival spirit – led by Glasgow’s Janine Fearne (SambaYaBamba & G.O.D) – dancers & physical theatre performers will pay homage to the afterlife with their interpretive take on Mexican folklore.
Face painters will be on hand throughout the night to metamorphosize partygoers into sugar skulls.
And The Winged Ox Bar & Kitchen will keep the fiesta fuelled with a Mexican inspired menu, classic cocktails and spirits.
Día de los Muertos attire is strongly encouraged – come dressed in your finest Calaca apparel!
St Luke’s 17 Bain St, Calton, Glasgow G40 2JZ
Filed under: Eating and drinking Glasgow West End, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Hallowe'en in Glasgow, Mexican Restaurants, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Mary Irvine blogging about A Goodbye Lunch
- Hillhead Bookclub Restaurant review Pat Byrne
- Big Feed Street Food Special, Govan
- World Disco Soup, CCA, Glasgow
- La Lanterna West End review by Pat Byrne
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Mother India – A La Carte Menu and Lunch at The Den
- Peter Houghton Art at Eusebi Easter, 2018
- Mother India Glasgow – early evening and lunch menu
- Eusebi – enjoy a lovely Mother’s Day in Glasgow West End
- Mother’s Day 2018 at Leiper’s Attic
- Beefcake Cafe, Anniesland
- Eusebi Valentine’s Day Menu, 2018
- Leiper’s Attic at Cottiers, Pre-theatre Menu 2018
- Valentine’s Day Menu 2018, The Square, Broomhill
- Valentine’s Day in Glasgow – Deal at Greggs
- Just for the lassies – Gaia Burns Supper, Glasgow
- Classrooms for Malawi, Burns Supper, Glasgow
- Celebrate Burns Day at Eusebi, Park Road
- Big Feed Street Social Glasgow 27 -28 January, 2017