Danny Kyle Open Stage, Closing date for applications 30 September, 2017
Interested in playing on stage? Download an application form and return it befor 30 September, 2017
The Danny Kyle Open Stage is broadcast live every day on Celtic Music Radio 95FM and on www.celticmusicradio.net
In celebration of Paisley music legend Danny Kyle, the Open Stage made famous by Celtic Connections offers new musical talent the chance to shine throughout the festival, with the best acts progressing to the final night showcase (Friday 20 October).
Danny Kyle was a passionate supporter of traditional music and a constant campaigner for its revival in Scotland. He was also passionate about his home town – born in Paisley and brought up in a two-bed tenement on McKerrell Street, he lived in the town his entire life.
Compered by Danny’s close friend Liz Clark, the producer, co-ordinator and presenter of the Danny Kyle Open Stage, this is a fitting tribute to Danny’s musical legacy.
Come along and show your support for these unsigned acts … you might just see the next musical superstar setting off on their journey!
- Starry Skies, Warren and Heather at Old Hairdressers
- Glasgow Doors Open Day Kelvin Hall 2019
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Clydebuilt Festival Dragon Boat Race
- Glasgow Museums – Great Big Heritage Bus Tour
- Walk in James Watt’s Footsteps
- An Evening with Gracey Flair at Helensburgh Library
- East End Free Festival
- Tenements Today Tenements Tomorrow
- Thirty Years of Glasgow Doors Open Day
- The Rebirth of the Clyde, Fairfield Heritage
- Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
- Glasgow Then and Now at The Mitchell Library
- Broken Chanter Album Launch, CCA
- Bohemia Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Linda McCartney Retrospective at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- Michael Simons at Partick Folk Club
- Free event: Scottish Writers Showcase, University of Glasgow