Danny Kyle Open Stage, Closing date for applications 30 September, 2017
Interested in playing on stage? Download an application form and return it befor 30 September, 2017
The Danny Kyle Open Stage is broadcast live every day on Celtic Music Radio 95FM and on www.celticmusicradio.net
In celebration of Paisley music legend Danny Kyle, the Open Stage made famous by Celtic Connections offers new musical talent the chance to shine throughout the festival, with the best acts progressing to the final night showcase (Friday 20 October).
Danny Kyle was a passionate supporter of traditional music and a constant campaigner for its revival in Scotland. He was also passionate about his home town – born in Paisley and brought up in a two-bed tenement on McKerrell Street, he lived in the town his entire life.
Compered by Danny’s close friend Liz Clark, the producer, co-ordinator and presenter of the Danny Kyle Open Stage, this is a fitting tribute to Danny’s musical legacy.
Come along and show your support for these unsigned acts … you might just see the next musical superstar setting off on their journey!
- Lids Open Day with Glasgow Piano City West End Festival
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh by John Cairney, West End Festival 2019
- The Italian Job GFT
- Class of 1984 | Pity Party Film Club CCA
- Sleepless in Seattle, GFT
- Robert the Bruce, GFT
- Late Night GFT
- Balloon GFT
- Diego Maradona GFT
- The Tennessee Hotshots at Websters Playhouse
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- NT Live: Small Island, GFT
- Glasgow Botanic Gardens: 200 Years at West End Festival 2019
- Chicago Websters Theatre
- Scalarama Press/Marketing and Design
- The Big West End Festival Closing Party Cottiers
- Big Choir Concert at Cottiers
- Ceilidh Dances at Cottiers, West End Festival 2019
- Carers’ Week 2019
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions