Dancing in the Dark, OranMor, Launch single SMHAFF 2017
danceSing in the dark live : an evening of entertainment at Oran Mor
Òran Mór, Top of Byres Road, G12
Launch of the official charity single for SAMH (Scottish Association of Mental Health) Dancing In The Dark, with Greig Taylor and the danceSing Choir. Also, featuring Jo Jo Sutherland, Scott Ashworth, Carrie Mac, St. Andrews Sisters and Dave Anderson.with All proceeds are going to SAMH (Scottish Association of Mental Health).
The aim is to raise awareness of the positive mental health benefits of singing, and dancing, as part of a wider group; particularly for people who have, or are suffering from, mental illness.
danceSing combine dancing and singing to provide a fun and highly accessible way of keeping fit and making new friends.
The Dancing In The Dark Project is a creative collaboration between Natalie Garry from danceSing, filmmaker Bill Bruce and musician Greig Taylor who are leading an initiative to raise awareness of the benefits that music, and group singing in particular, can provide in addressing mental and physical health issues.
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Gig Guide
- Film Listings at GFT, March 2018
- Roteract Fancy a Cup of Tea with a Refugee, QMU, University of Glasgow
- Sweet Country, Cineworld Glasgow
- The Breadwinner, GFT
- Working Girl, GFF 2018
- The Ballad of Lefty Brown, GFT
- 45s for 45 All Day Fundraiser, Old Toll Bar, Glasgow
- Boutique Health and Fitness Festival, Glasgow
- Stars for Starchild, Fundraiser 3 March, 2018
- Help the Homeless Glasgow ‘I am not lost’, 25 February, 2018
- Thank Funk it’s Friday, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Sextival: Queer Relationships on Film, CCA
- CULTURE MINISTERS WELCOME IRISH MUSICIANS TO SCOTLAND GB18
- Summer Nights at Kelvingrove Bandstand 2018
- Whyte and Mackay, Glasgow International Comedy Festival 2018
- Celtic Connections 25th Anniversary Opening Concert, review and photographs by Pauline Keightley
- Soul Bowl, Jordanhill Bowling Club, 27 January, 2018
- Save £4 Ticket Offer- The Creative Craft Show and The Scottish Quilting Show
- Artists Network Lunch, Woodland Community
- Glasgow Kilo Vintage Sale, The Briggait, Glasgow 4 February, 2018