Dancing in the Dark, OranMor, Launch single SMHAFF 2017
danceSing in the dark live : an evening of entertainment at Oran Mor
Òran Mór, Top of Byres Road, G12
Launch of the official charity single for SAMH (Scottish Association of Mental Health) Dancing In The Dark, with Greig Taylor and the danceSing Choir. Also, featuring Jo Jo Sutherland, Scott Ashworth, Carrie Mac, St. Andrews Sisters and Dave Anderson.with All proceeds are going to SAMH (Scottish Association of Mental Health).
The aim is to raise awareness of the positive mental health benefits of singing, and dancing, as part of a wider group; particularly for people who have, or are suffering from, mental illness.
danceSing combine dancing and singing to provide a fun and highly accessible way of keeping fit and making new friends.
The Dancing In The Dark Project is a creative collaboration between Natalie Garry from danceSing, filmmaker Bill Bruce and musician Greig Taylor who are leading an initiative to raise awareness of the benefits that music, and group singing in particular, can provide in addressing mental and physical health issues.
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Gig Guide
- Edwyn Collins QMU Glasgow
- Propaganda – Indie Club Night, QMU
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- G20 Festival GBX Fundraiser
- Matchbox Cineclub Weird Weekend at CCA Glasgow
- Starry Skies, Warren and Heather at Old Hairdressers
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Clydebuilt Festival Dragon Boat Race
- Glasgow Museums – Great Big Heritage Bus Tour
- Walk in James Watt’s Footsteps
- East End Free Festival
- Tenements Today Tenements Tomorrow
- The Rebirth of the Clyde, Fairfield Heritage
- Broken Chanter Album Launch, CCA
- Bohemia Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair
- Michael Simons at Partick Folk Club
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Take One Action, GFT
- Extinction Rebellion Climate Carnival Renfrewshire