Dance Pupils in Scotland receive funding from The Peter Darell Trust, June, 2017
Overdrive Dance Company members with Peter Darrell Trustee Paulene Laverty
(L-R Adam Quinn, Calvin Wilson, Paulene Laverty, John Selkirk, Nathan Ferguson)
The donation from Peter Darell Trust will support choreographic development in partnership with Theatre Royal
Work will be showcased at Go Dance 2018 festival – runs from Tuesday 6 until Friday 9 March 2018 at Theatre Royal
Eight lucky community dance groups participating in Theatre Royal’s 2018 Go Dance festival will receive funding from The Peter Darrell Trust to support their choreographic development.
Go Dance is an annual production organised by Theatre Royal’s Creative Learning team that showcases the best dance talent from Scotland’s leading colleges, schools and community groups.
The donation from The Trust to Inspire – West Dunbartonshire Council; Jennifer Scott Dance; Larbert High School Dance Troupe; Leanne Dobbie Dance; Maryhill Integration Network; Overdrive Dance Company; Right2dance and Unearthed Dance Company forms part of a new partnership with The Peter Darrell Trust and Theatre Royal which helps groups develop their practice and create bold and inspiring work.
The collaboration was formed when Peter Darrell Trustee Paulene Laverty saw 2017’s Go Dance and was amazed by the talent and skill of the young dancers.
Former Scottish Ballet dancer Paulene said: “Developing young dancers and choreographers was at the heart of Peter Darrell’s career and The Trust is honoured and delighted to have the chance to support these eight groups for Go Dance 2018.
“If last year’s event was anything to go by we’re all in for a fantastic collection of dances from those taking part.”
Alison Cowan, Creative Learning Manager at Theatre Royal, said: “We’re very excited about our new partnership with The Peter Darrell Trust for this year’s Go Dance.
“I’m sure the groups will benefit from the generous donation immensely and I would like to thank the Trust for its support.
“I know the groups will all create an amazing piece of work and I look forward to seeing it on stage at Theatre Royal next year.
The work from the groups will be presented on Wednesday 7 March 2018 in an evening dedicated to recipients of The Peter Darrell Trust Choreographic Awards. Go Dance 2018 festival runs from Tuesday 6 until Friday 9 March 2018 at Theatre Royal.
Go Dance 2018
Theatre Royal, Glasgow
Tues 6-Fri 9 March 2018
0844 871 7647
Dance groups across a range of styles and ages will be considered. Application forms can be requested at email@example.com
Damce Group Locations
Inspire – West Dunbartonshire Council
Jennifer Scott Dance, Paisley
Larbert High School Dance Troupe, Falkirk
Leanne Dobbie Dance, Glasgow city centre
Maryhill Integration Network, Maryhill, Glasgow
Overdrive Dance Company, Glasgow city centre
Unearthed Dance Company, Edinburgh
About the Peter Darrell Trust
The Peter Darrell Trust was formed in 1994 to preserve and promote the works of the late Peter Darrell CBE., Founder Director of Scottish Ballet. As well as undertaking extensive archival research, it is actively involved in the promotion of Peter’s work worldwide, encouraging and assisting international companies to re-stage his ballets.
In 1998 the Trust set up a Choreographic Award in Peter’s name, made possible by a generous grant from The Scottish Art Council National Lottery Fund. Peter Darrell always took great delight from encouraging new choreographic talent, whether from within Scottish Ballet or outside the company and it was felt by the Trustees that this Award, which provides a rare opportunity and platform for emerging choreographers, was the most fitting tribute to a unique man and his work.
- Glasgow Mela 2018
- Kelvingrove Art Gallery Outdoor Ceilidh, West End Festival
- Soul Bowl, Jordanhill Bowling Club
- Indepen-dance Members’ Stories CCA
- Thank Funk it’s Friday, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Soul Bowl, Jordanhill Bowling Club, 27 January, 2018
- Dance House Glasgow WinterFest
- Cottiers Black Friday Christmas Ceilidh
- Soul Jazz Fridays, Partick
- Bahookie’s Big Christmas Rock Ceilidh Bash, Cottiers
- Swing Sensation Big Band Night, Glasgow University Union, 3 December, 2017
- Glasgow Dynamic City book launch La Bodega,Friday 8 December, 2017
- Soul Bowl, Dance Party, Jordanhill Bowling Club, 25 November, 2017
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, Partickhill Bowling Club, 27 October, 2017
- Theo Clinkard Company:This Bright Field, The Tramway, 13 and 14 October, 2017
- Indepen-dance, creative movement for people with disabilities and their carers
- Kathak Dance Classes, Glasgow South Side
- Dance Pupils in Scotland receive funding from The Peter Darell Trust, June, 2017
- Soul Bowl, Jordanhill Bowling Club, 29 July, 2017
- To write, to publish, to speak, to move, CCA, 1 June, 2017