Curtains Up on Winter Windows, Thistle Gallery – Exhibition Runs Until 24 December, 2016
‘CURTAINS UP ON OUR
Thistle Gallery, Park Road, G4 9JF
Open seven days a week through until Christmas
Browse through their eclectic Christmas Show ‘Unwrapped’ which runs until Christmas Eve.’
As well as an exceptional array of original Scottish Contemporary Art hanging the spacious Gallery walls you will also find:
JEWELLERY BY : Amanda Johnson; David Murray; Alexa Hope; Clare Spencer; Carol Docherty ; Eileen MacAllister; Helen Swan and Robyn Kinsman Blake.
TEXTILES BY: Olive Pearson and Siobhan Gray featuring the loveliest of contemporary silk scarves in silk twill, lambs wool and modal and cashmere. Beautiful bespoke cushions of Scottish Islands and boats by Susan Mylne and finely felted tea lights and vases by Lynda Tyson.
CERAMICS BY: Angela Pointon with her sought after and quirky Clan range of jugs, fruit bowls and squinty paper cups; And a selection of all creatures great and small by ever popular ceramicist Alex Johannsen including, Penguins, Westie’s, Pugs, Daschunds, Scotties and Schnausers.
ARTISAN GLASSWARE BY: Dorte Pape renowned for her delightful range of glass garden and sea birds and hare and robin tealight panels. And Marc Peters’ exquisite glass vessels in vibrant colours.
SCULPTURES BY: Douglas Kerr working with paper clay to create remarkable vases and Tim Djikman whose creations from wlalnut, elm and yew are truly thought provoking. Morven Browne’s delicate and evocative sapling and tree sculptures are also always a talking point.
And finally back, by popular demand, are the gallery’s Swedish Santas and Elks …….so make your way to Thistle Gallery and choose your gorgeous gifts for family and friends.
Saturday, 26 November, 2016 – 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Thistle Gallery, 56 Park Road, Glasgow G4 9JF
Filed under: Art - what's on, Christmas in Glasgow, Christmas in Glasgow 2016 – festive menus, shows, shopping., Pat's Home Page Blog, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- can’t take my eyes off you – ProjectAbility
- Alberto Vazquez Dark Fables: From comics to films, CCA, Glasgow
- Japanese Prints and their influence at the end of the 19th century, Glasgow Art Club
- ‘Turning Over A New Leaf’ Exhibition at Thistle Gallery
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Thistle Gallery at Christmas
- Context, Exibition of Photography and other interesting images at Offshore Gallery
- Scotland: The Land Beneath Our Feet, ProjectAbility
- The Art of Four, book by Roger Bilcliffe, The Lighthouse
- Chozumaki, The Lighthouse Glasgow
- Temporary Closure of Mackintosh House
- ProjectAbility at Mono
- Artchitecture at the Arlington Baths Club, Collage Exhibition by Marion Gardyne, 1 – 17 December, 2017
- RGI Annual Exhibition, The Mitchell Library, 11 November – 26 November, 2017
- Arctic Walruses in Paisley, Art, Poetry, Fountain and Fun, 25 November, 2017
- Christmas Art Show, Lillie Gallery, November – December, 2017
- Archifon IV, Cryptic Sonica, University of Glasgow Chapel 1 – 5 November, 2017
- ProjectAbility Pop Up Shop orignal arts and crafts, Nov/Dec, 2017
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Exhibition in Napier Hall, 20 – 22 October, 2017
- Easing into Autumn With ‘Seven of Seven’, Thistle Gallery from 19 October, 2017 until end of the month.