Curtains Up on Winter Windows, Thistle Gallery – Exhibition Runs Until 24 December, 2016
‘CURTAINS UP ON OUR
Thistle Gallery, Park Road, G4 9JF
Open seven days a week through until Christmas
Browse through their eclectic Christmas Show ‘Unwrapped’ which runs until Christmas Eve.’
As well as an exceptional array of original Scottish Contemporary Art hanging the spacious Gallery walls you will also find:
JEWELLERY BY : Amanda Johnson; David Murray; Alexa Hope; Clare Spencer; Carol Docherty ; Eileen MacAllister; Helen Swan and Robyn Kinsman Blake.
TEXTILES BY: Olive Pearson and Siobhan Gray featuring the loveliest of contemporary silk scarves in silk twill, lambs wool and modal and cashmere. Beautiful bespoke cushions of Scottish Islands and boats by Susan Mylne and finely felted tea lights and vases by Lynda Tyson.
CERAMICS BY: Angela Pointon with her sought after and quirky Clan range of jugs, fruit bowls and squinty paper cups; And a selection of all creatures great and small by ever popular ceramicist Alex Johannsen including, Penguins, Westie’s, Pugs, Daschunds, Scotties and Schnausers.
ARTISAN GLASSWARE BY: Dorte Pape renowned for her delightful range of glass garden and sea birds and hare and robin tealight panels. And Marc Peters’ exquisite glass vessels in vibrant colours.
SCULPTURES BY: Douglas Kerr working with paper clay to create remarkable vases and Tim Djikman whose creations from wlalnut, elm and yew are truly thought provoking. Morven Browne’s delicate and evocative sapling and tree sculptures are also always a talking point.
And finally back, by popular demand, are the gallery’s Swedish Santas and Elks …….so make your way to Thistle Gallery and choose your gorgeous gifts for family and friends.
Saturday, 26 November, 2016 – 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Thistle Gallery, 56 Park Road, Glasgow G4 9JF
Filed under: Art - what's on, Christmas in Glasgow, Christmas in Glasgow 2016 – festive menus, shows, shopping., Pat's Home Page Blog, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
- Nnena Kalu, ProjectAbility, Glasgow
- Transatlantic connections – Hunterian exhibition brings Harvard’s historic treasures to Glasgow
- Woodlands Arts Survey & Artist Network Lunch Woodlands Workspace
- Fresh Work Springs Eternal at Thistle Gallery
- Cross-feed Night School with Dr David Luke
- ‘Spring: the music of open windows’ at Thistle Gallery
- Dr Yupin Chung: Tea Under A Willow Tree, Glasgow Art Club
- 150th Anniversary Talks: Joanne Laird & Norman Walker Scotland Street School
- Frostpinni!, The Lighthouse
- SWG3 presents Yardworks Festival 2018 – Graffiti – Street – Design
- The Pyramid at Anderston, New Logo Competition
- Ross Birrell The Transit of Hermes, CCA
- David Mach ‘Against the Tide’ Cass Art, Glasgow
- Ciara Phillips Show Me Your Glow, Glasgow Print Studio, Glasgow International
- Peter Houghton Art at Eusebi Easter, 2018
- Still Moving: Films and Photographs of Ulrike Ottinger, The Hunterian
- Queen Mother Women’s Art Group Exhibition at ProjectAbility
- Unbuilt Mackintosh, The Hunterian
- Iain’s Brushwork Brings Art to Life at Thistle Gallery