Curry Capital of Britain – vote for your favourite Glasgow restaurant
Glasgow City Council is looking for your support as they make a bid to win the Curry Capital of Britain 2015, in this the thirteenth year of the competition.
The Lord Provost of Glasgow Sadie Docherty is asking you to vote for your favourite curry restaurant in Glasgow to help the city win the Curry Capital of Britain competition for the fifth year. This is a competition which sees cities from across the UK go head to head for the national title.
Glasgow is battling Bradford with both cities having won the title four times. Glasgow won in 2002, 2003, 2006 and 2010 – and was runner up in 2004, 2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
Previous winning restaurants include Mother India restaurant and café; KoolBa; Mister Singhs, Ashoka Southside and Neelim.
The top four restaurants this year will form part of the council’s bid to win the title, which also includes a bid document from the council.
You can nominate your favourite restaurant by completing the form at the bottom of this page:
This section: Eating and drinking Glasgow West End
Filed under: Eating and drinking Glasgow West End
5 responses to “Curry Capital of Britain – vote for your favourite Glasgow restaurant”
- Mary Irvine blogging about A Goodbye Lunch
- Hillhead Bookclub Restaurant review Pat Byrne
- Big Feed Street Food Special, Govan
- World Disco Soup, CCA, Glasgow
- La Lanterna West End review by Pat Byrne
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Mother India – A La Carte Menu and Lunch at The Den
- Peter Houghton Art at Eusebi Easter, 2018
- Mother India Glasgow – early evening and lunch menu
- Eusebi – enjoy a lovely Mother’s Day in Glasgow West End
- Mother’s Day 2018 at Leiper’s Attic
- Beefcake Cafe, Anniesland
- Eusebi Valentine’s Day Menu, 2018
- Leiper’s Attic at Cottiers, Pre-theatre Menu 2018
- Valentine’s Day Menu 2018, The Square, Broomhill
- Valentine’s Day in Glasgow – Deal at Greggs
- Just for the lassies – Gaia Burns Supper, Glasgow
- Classrooms for Malawi, Burns Supper, Glasgow
- Celebrate Burns Day at Eusebi, Park Road
- Big Feed Street Social Glasgow 27 -28 January, 2017