Creative Writing Courses – University of Glasgow
Have you ever fancied writing a novel, compiling a collection of short stories or completing a portfolio to enter a degree course at Glasgow University?
Degree Level courses in Creative Writing are offered at Levels 1, 2 and 3 are taken by undergraduate and international students and are also open to the public.
What the courses entail
Courses include group critiques, reading published works and writing. Students typically study a novel and short story collection, write a literature essay (focusing on writers’ techniques) and compile a portfolio of original fiction with the assistance of an experienced tutor.
Who can apply
The courses are open to adults of all ages and level of experience, whether you’ve been writing since you were a child or interested in trying something new. The courses can be used for admission to certain degree courses at GU depending on grades achieved.
All the Creative Writing courses are robust and are great for those seeking to compile a portfolio to enter university, or for those who just want to pull together a collection of short stories or write a novel. Invariably the courses make students better readers.
School leavers (or anyone) who didn’t obtain the necessary grades for university might also consider these courses, and full funding is available
Writing Prose Fiction: an introduction (Level 1)
My work email address should anyone wish to contact me is There is the possibility that funding for degree level courses can be obtained through the Student Award Agency for Scotland (SAAS)
Email Alan McMunnigal, Tutor, for further details
Creative Writing Students
Pamela studied Creative Writing and gained entry to degree course at University of Glasgow.
Student at Creative Writing Department of Open Studies University of Glasgow
- University of Glasgow Short Courses Open Evening 2019
- Gypsy Music Short Course
- Young at Heart Dance for Over 50s
- Have A Go – Calligraphy at The Mitchell Library
- Scalarama Press/Marketing and Design
- Some things want to run V/DA | Sonic Séance: The Gathering CCA
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- Seeds of Thought – Creative Writing
- Micaela Maftei and Laura Tansley Collaborative Writing Workshops
- Mackintosh Still Life Drawing
- Ian Macpherson, Comedy Writing Workshop
- Spring Chinese Craft Fair, M Gallery Glasgow
- Music Broth Grow With Music Youth Project
- Accents, Glasgow Short Film Festival 2019
- Janice Galloway Words into Pictures
- BDX Glasgow – Video Marketing, Citizen M
- Joe Thomas announced as first Young Films Foundation Ambassador
- New Rhythms for Glasgow Mid-term Music and Art Workshops, Maryhill
- Jam Project – Free Music Classes at Music Broth
- Discover Family History at Kelvinhall