Creative Conversations, Polly Clark, University of Glasgow Chapel, Monday 13 March, 2017
Monday 13 March 2017, 1 p.m.
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Polly Clark is an award-winning poet and novelist. She is the author of three poetry collections. Her forthcoming debut novel Larchfield (available March 2017) won the MsLexia Prize. She has won the Eric Gregory Award and has been shortlisted for the TS Eloit Prize. Her pamphlet A Handbook for the Afterlife was shortlisted in the 2016 Michael Marks Awards and a volume of New and Selected Poems, Afterlife, is due in 2018.
She has also published numerous shorty stories, and her journalism includes reviews for The Guardian and features for The Observer and poetry journals such as Magma. She is currently the Literature Programme Producer for Cove Park, Scotland’s International Artist Residency Centre.
Books by featured authors will be for sale in John Smiths bookshop.
- Tidelines Book Festival 2018, Irvine, Scotland
- The Sma Shot 2018 Paisley Town Hall
- The Backstreets of Purgatory, Waterstones Byres Road
- Encounter No 1 by Sogol Mabadi and Emma Helen Reid
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow
- Spotlight on Cinemas – West End Festival 2018
- The 5th Annual Champipunship, OranMor
- Cindigo, Poets at West End Festival
- Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- Dodie Bellamy, Kevin Killian, Calum Gardner, SWG3 Poetry Club
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Beyond Boundaries, Festival 2018, Call For Poems
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Launch of Autumn Voices 2018
- ‘Growing and Dying’ Tribute to Janet Paisley, Event at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Writers’ Workshop Day at Fruin Farm, Nr. Helensburgh
- Marian Keyes at Aye Write, the Mitchell Library