Creative Conversations, Polly Clark, University of Glasgow Chapel, Monday 13 March, 2017
Monday 13 March 2017, 1 p.m.
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Polly Clark is an award-winning poet and novelist. She is the author of three poetry collections. Her forthcoming debut novel Larchfield (available March 2017) won the MsLexia Prize. She has won the Eric Gregory Award and has been shortlisted for the TS Eloit Prize. Her pamphlet A Handbook for the Afterlife was shortlisted in the 2016 Michael Marks Awards and a volume of New and Selected Poems, Afterlife, is due in 2018.
She has also published numerous shorty stories, and her journalism includes reviews for The Guardian and features for The Observer and poetry journals such as Magma. She is currently the Literature Programme Producer for Cove Park, Scotland’s International Artist Residency Centre.
Books by featured authors will be for sale in John Smiths bookshop.
- The Children’s Wood, Halloween 2018
- Many Singers Many Songs, Maryhill, 24 November, 2018
- West Dunbartonshire Christmas Toy Appeal
- Six and a Tanner, One Man Play by Rony Bridges
- Tai Chi Classes at Hillhead Sports Club
- Claire McFall, Creative Conversations
- Cultural Diversity Showcase, The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Black History Month
- “Freedom Bound” – Slavery in Scotland Discussion at GOMA
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Freedom Bound – Escaping Slavery in Scotland
- Dublin Film Festival celebrating New Scottish Cinema
- Glasgow Christmas Lights Switch On
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre at The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Lady Vengeance at Glasgow Film Theatre
- John Carpenter: Master of Horror at Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Handmaiden – GFT
- A night of music and song in support of Cure Claire’s Cancer
- Linda Jaxson, Unchain My Heart, St Louis Partick
- We See The World Differently Screening 24 October, 2018
- The Big Day of KinDness 23 October, 2018
- My 20th Century Glasgow Film Theatre