Creative Conversations, Polly Clark, University of Glasgow Chapel, Monday 13 March, 2017
Monday 13 March 2017, 1 p.m.
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Polly Clark is an award-winning poet and novelist. She is the author of three poetry collections. Her forthcoming debut novel Larchfield (available March 2017) won the MsLexia Prize. She has won the Eric Gregory Award and has been shortlisted for the TS Eloit Prize. Her pamphlet A Handbook for the Afterlife was shortlisted in the 2016 Michael Marks Awards and a volume of New and Selected Poems, Afterlife, is due in 2018.
She has also published numerous shorty stories, and her journalism includes reviews for The Guardian and features for The Observer and poetry journals such as Magma. She is currently the Literature Programme Producer for Cove Park, Scotland’s International Artist Residency Centre.
Books by featured authors will be for sale in John Smiths bookshop.
- East End Free Festival
- Tenements Today Tenements Tomorrow
- Thirty Years of Glasgow Doors Open Day
- The Rebirth of the Clyde, Fairfield Heritage
- Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
- Glasgow Then and Now at The Mitchell Library
- Broken Chanter Album Launch, CCA
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Linda McCartney Retrospective at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- Michael Simons at Partick Folk Club
- Free event: Scottish Writers Showcase, University of Glasgow
- Book Launch: Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- Leto GFT
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood GFT
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Inside Man GFT
- Gaza GFT
- Preview: For Sama GFT plus Q & A