Creative Conversations, Polly Clark, University of Glasgow Chapel, Monday 13 March, 2017
Monday 13 March 2017, 1 p.m.
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Polly Clark is an award-winning poet and novelist. She is the author of three poetry collections. Her forthcoming debut novel Larchfield (available March 2017) won the MsLexia Prize. She has won the Eric Gregory Award and has been shortlisted for the TS Eloit Prize. Her pamphlet A Handbook for the Afterlife was shortlisted in the 2016 Michael Marks Awards and a volume of New and Selected Poems, Afterlife, is due in 2018.
She has also published numerous shorty stories, and her journalism includes reviews for The Guardian and features for The Observer and poetry journals such as Magma. She is currently the Literature Programme Producer for Cove Park, Scotland’s International Artist Residency Centre.
Books by featured authors will be for sale in John Smiths bookshop.
- Aye Write! 2018 Jackie Kay – Bantam
- Aye Write! 208 Louise Welsh Introduces Laura Carlin & Imogen Hermes Gowar
- Aye Write! 2018 Celebration of writing from community-based literacy and creative learners
- Graeme Macrae Burnet Aye Write! 2018
- Poet JL Williams – Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Cinemaattic presents Psiconautas + Q&A at CCA, Glasgow
- Muriel Spark 100: Appointment in Arezzo, National Library, Edinburgh
- Aye Write! 2018 David Wardell and Finn the fabulous police dog 18 March, 2018
- Spangled Cabaret 10 BirthdayParty, Rio Pop Up
- St Mungo Mirrorball Showcase, CCA, 1 February, 2018
- Aye Write! 2018 Alan Taylor, Candia McWilliam, Zoe Strachan Muriel Spark: A Centenary Celebration
- Aye Write! 2018 Writing the ‘Magical’ Masterclass with Kirsty Logan
- Aye Write! 2018 Stuart Cosgrove, Memphis 68
- Tune in to the story of Scotland’s Radio with Tony Currie at Glasgow Art Club
- Oxfam Bookshop Byres Road Book Group
- Sonnet Youth, The Drygate
- Talk on Gaza, University of Glasgow, 23 January, 2018
- Ruby Wax at Aye Write! 2018
- Creative Conversations, Sanjeev Kohli and Donald McLeary
- Tom Hubbard, Ten Slavonic Dances, Scottish Writers’ Centre