Creative Conversations, Polly Clark, University of Glasgow Chapel, Monday 13 March, 2017
Monday 13 March 2017, 1 p.m.
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Polly Clark is an award-winning poet and novelist. She is the author of three poetry collections. Her forthcoming debut novel Larchfield (available March 2017) won the MsLexia Prize. She has won the Eric Gregory Award and has been shortlisted for the TS Eloit Prize. Her pamphlet A Handbook for the Afterlife was shortlisted in the 2016 Michael Marks Awards and a volume of New and Selected Poems, Afterlife, is due in 2018.
She has also published numerous shorty stories, and her journalism includes reviews for The Guardian and features for The Observer and poetry journals such as Magma. She is currently the Literature Programme Producer for Cove Park, Scotland’s International Artist Residency Centre.
Books by featured authors will be for sale in John Smiths bookshop.
- Camilla Grudova, QMU, University of Glasgow
- Aye Write: Archie Macpherson, Adventures in the Golden Age
- Radical Film Network 6818 Launch, Glasgow
- Cross-feed Night School with Dr David Luke
- ‘Growing and Dying’ a tribute to the writer Janet Paisley edited by Linda Jackson
- Dr Yupin Chung: Tea Under A Willow Tree, Glasgow Art Club
- Stuart Murdoch, Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- A Fiction Reading. with Sheila Llewellyn and Andrew Meehan, Crossways Festival review by Pat Byrne
- Glasgow Zine Fest SQIFF Presents: Live in DIY Queer Filmmaking Conversation! CCA
- Mandarin Translations – The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
- Fail Better at McCHuills, April 12th, 2018
- David Mach ‘Against the Tide’ Cass Art, Glasgow
- Tom Russell, Tales From Inside The World of Rock, Bishopton Library
- Glasgow Museums and Libraries, Civilisations Festival 2018
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Short Films for Creatives, with Lesley Traynor, CCA
- Crossways Irish/Scottish Festival Fiction Reading & Poetry at The Tron
- Scottish Shorts 2018 – submissions
- Jim and Pat’s Podcast: Glasgow West End – Jim talks to Ian Smith of Last Night From Glasgow
- Crossways: The Irish Scottish Cultural & Literary Festival, Glasgow Merchant City
- Scottish Writers’ Centre New Writing Showcase at CCA, Glasgow