Creative Conversations Poet and Playwright Inua Ellams, University of Glasgow
Monday 19 March, 2018
1 – 2 PM University Chapel
Free & Open to the Public
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Born in Nigeria in 1984, Inua Ellams is an internationally touring poet, playwright, performer, graphic artist & designer.
He is an ambassador for the Ministry of Stories and has published four books of poetry: ‘Candy Coated Unicorns and Converse All Stars’, ‘Thirteen Fairy Negro Tales’ ‘The Wire-Headed Heathen’ and ‘#Afterhours’.
His first play ‘The 14th Tale’ was awarded a Fringe First at the Edinburgh International Theatre Festival and his fourth ‘Barber Shop Chronicles’ sold out its run at England’s National Theatre.
He is currently touring ‘An Evening With An Immigrant’ and working on ‘The Half God of Rainfall’ – a new play in verse.
In graphic art & design, online and in print, he tries to mix the old with the new, juxtaposing texture and pigment with flat shades of colour and vector images. He lives and works from London, where he founded the Midnight Run, a nocturnal urban excursion. He won the Liberty Human Rights Award 2017.
- School for Civic Imagination CCA
- Aye Write presents Paul Mason
- Easter 2019 at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wild Rose, GFT
- Ordet GFT
- 3 Faces GFT
- The Gospel According to St Matthew GFT
- A Deal With The Universe, GFT
- Loro GFT
- Eighth Grade GFT
- Glasgow Film Festival on Tour
- The Fight GFT
- Thistle Gallery: Vibrant Show Celebrates The Coming of Spring
- KeanuCon 2019 CCA
- Glasgow Film Theatre celebrates 80 Years of Cinema
- NT Live: Small Island, GFT
- Dennis Cooper and Zac Farley Permanent Green Light plus Q & A
- ¡Viva! Spanish & Latin American Film Festival 2019 Glasgow Film Theatre
- Dennis Cooper & Zac Farley, Permanent Green Light, Andrew Stewart Cinema
- Beatson Gin and Sing: Grease at OranMor