Creative Conversations – Novelist Jacob Ross
Monday 18 February 2019, 1 – 2 p.m.
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Free & Open to the Public
Jacob Ross is a novelist, short story writer, editor and creative writing tutor. His prize-winning crime fiction novel, The Bone Readers (Sphere), was originally published by Peepal Tree Press. His latest book is Tell No-One About This, a collection of stories written over a span of forty years. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature and has been a judge of many literary prizes, including the Commonwealth Short Story Prize, the V.S. Pritchett Memorial Prize and Tom-Gallon Literary Awards. Jacob is Associate Fiction Editor at Peepal Tree Press, and the editor of Closure: Contemporary Black British Short Stories.
As part of the on-going Creative Conversation speaker series novelist and editor Jacob Ross comes to campus to chat about his writing. Bring your lunch and burning questions!
Sponsored by the Ferguson Bequest and programmed by Creative Writing at University of Glasgow.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Book Launch: Welcome to the Heady Heights by David Ross
- Frank Turner at Aye Write
- Aye Write! Open Mic with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Andrew O’Hagan Creative Conversations
- Launch of The Blame Game C.J. Cooke
- Aye Write: Emily Cutts with Carol Craig
- Aye Write 2019 Angela Chadwick & Sarah Davis- Goff
- Aye Write: Helena Kennedy QC
- Aye Write: Stuart Cosgrove & Ken McNab
- Aye Write: Louise Welsh Introduces… Temi Oh & Bridget Collins
- Aye Write: Monisha Rajesh
- Evening of discussion: poetry and film with Sawsan Al-Areeqe
- The German Revolution: Expressionist Prints Lunchtime Talks Programme
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Living with Words, Finn’s Place
- Janice Galloway Words into Pictures
- Poet Nadine Aisha Jassat at Creative Conversations
- ‘I Say Nothing’ Kelvingrove – introduction by Christine Borland
- Aye Write: Peter Conradi and Mark Logue
- Aye Write 2019 Brian Allaway