Creative Conversations – Novelist Jacob Ross
Monday 18 February 2019, 1 – 2 p.m.
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Free & Open to the Public
Jacob Ross is a novelist, short story writer, editor and creative writing tutor. His prize-winning crime fiction novel, The Bone Readers (Sphere), was originally published by Peepal Tree Press. His latest book is Tell No-One About This, a collection of stories written over a span of forty years. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature and has been a judge of many literary prizes, including the Commonwealth Short Story Prize, the V.S. Pritchett Memorial Prize and Tom-Gallon Literary Awards. Jacob is Associate Fiction Editor at Peepal Tree Press, and the editor of Closure: Contemporary Black British Short Stories.
As part of the on-going Creative Conversation speaker series novelist and editor Jacob Ross comes to campus to chat about his writing. Bring your lunch and burning questions!
Sponsored by the Ferguson Bequest and programmed by Creative Writing at University of Glasgow.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Seeds of Thought – Creative Writing
- Richard Holloway ‘Waiting for the Last Bus’ review Mary Irvine
- Look Who’s Talking Now with Des Dillon
- Helen Fitzgerald and Doug Johnstone at Waterstones Sauchiehall St
- Book Launch: ‘this exquisite corpse’ Tawnya Renelle
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Dialogue: Niven Govinden and Season Butler
- Robin Lloyd-Jones ‘A life in books’ Helensburgh Library
- Aye Write presents Paul Mason
- Henry Bell, Booked Festival 2019
- Micaela Maftei and Laura Tansley Collaborative Writing Workshops
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Polly Clark, Booked Festival 2019
- Dialogue Road Show
- Anne Donovan Scottish Writers Centre
- Kathleen Winter, Creative Conversations
- Thoughts and Reflections in Poetry and Song with David Nicoll
- Crossways Irish Scottish Cultural and Literary Festival Roseanne Watt & Kate Newmann
- Free Comic Book Day, City Centre Comics
- Booked Festival Wendy Erskine