Creative Conversations: Mark Cousins
FILMMAKER MARK COUSINS
4 February 2019 – 1 p.m.
Free & Open to the Public
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Mark Cousins programmed the Edinburgh Film Festival (1996-97), hosted BBC2’s Moviedrome (1997-2000) and Scene by Scene (1999-2000), and is the author of The Story of Film and (with Kevin Macdonald) Imagining Reality: the Faber Book of Documentary. His movies include The First Movie, The Story of Film: An Odyssey and A Story of Children and Film and I Am Belfast, in which the city is personified by a 10,000 year old woman. He is the co-founder (with Tilda Swinton) of the 8½ Foundation. His latest book is The Story of Looking (2018).
As part of the on-going Creative Conversation speaker series filmmaker and writer Mark Cousins comes to campus to chat about his writing. Bring your lunch and burning questions!
Sponsored by the Ferguson Bequest and programmed by Creative Writing at University of Glasgow.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Graham Fulton – Glitches of Mortality Book Launch
- Express Yourself, Tell it Slant
- School for Civic Imagination CCA
- Aye Write presents Paul Mason
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Joe Hullait, Scot Squad Writer at QMU
- Creative Conversations, Kathleen Winter
- New Writings Showcase, Scottish Writers’ Centre
- Ian Macpherson, Comedy Writing Workshop
- Chris Brookmyre, Aye Write
- Poetry at The Parlour Glasgow West End
- Speakin Cajun CCA
- The Red Light Zone by Jeff Zycinski – Jeff and Suzie Talk Radio
- Aye Write 2019! Sara Sheridan introduces Anne Griffin and Anstey Harris
- Sleaford Mods, CCA screening and Q and A
- White Shroud by Antanas Skema – music and words with Merope
- Book launch, readings and music at Avant Garde
- Book Event ‘Resurrection Men’ by David Craig
- Aye Write 2019! Frank Tallis and Laura Mucha
- Aye Write: Emily Cutts with Carol Craig