Creative Conversations, Linda Cracknell, University of Glasgow, Monday 6 March, 2017
Creative Conversations: Fiction Writer Linda Cracknell
Monday 6 March 2017 1 p.m. until 2 p.m.
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Linda Cracknell is an award-winning writer of fiction, radio drama and creative non-fiction. She won the Macallan/Scotland on Sunday short story competition and has since published two collections of short stories. She was shortlisted for the Scottish First Book Award for her story collection Life Drawing and the Robin Jenkins Literary Award for environmental writing. Her first novel Call of the Undertow, set in Caithness, was published in 2013. After winning a Creative Scotland award, she published Doubling Back: ten paths trodden in memory, a non-fiction book linking walking and memory. She is editor of the anthology Wilder Vein, non-fiction writing about wild places in Britain and Ireland. She has also written a number of plays, abridgments and adaptations for BBC Radio Four. Until recently, she was a writer in residence at Edinburgh’s Sick Kids Friends Foundation.
Find more information about Linda on her website: www.lindacracknell.com/.
On Twitter at @LindaJCracknell.
Books by featured authors will be for sale in John Smiths bookshop.
This series is sponsored by the Ferguson Bequest.
- CineRoma at Govanhill International Festival
- Glasgow Literary Lounge featuring Louise Malone on art plus Open Mic
- Only You GFT
- Dark Vanilla Jungle Websters
- Scarred GFT
- The Brink GFT
- Eureka GFT
- Pavarotti plus satellite Q & A GFT
- Blinded by the Light at Glasgow Film Theatre
- In Conversation with Gurinder Chadha GFT
- Armstrong GFT
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese GFT
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Of Fish and Foe GFT
- Special Events at Glasgow Film Theatre July 2019
- African Film Touring Programme Summer 2019
- Midsommar GFT
- Young at Heart Dance for Over 50s