Community Singing, Woodlands Community Cafe, Fred Paton Centre
An Appetite for Singing
Mondays April 3rd, 10th, 24th and May 1st*
(with free community meal from 6-7.30pm)
Woodlands Community Cafe,
Fred Paton Centre, 19 Carrington Street, G4 9AJ
Have you got an appetite for singing, but lack confidence?
Then come along to our friendly and informal singing group that meets at Woodlands Community Cafe on Monday afternoons.
No previous singing experience needed.
Feedback from past participants:
The feeling of singing within a group was very uplifting emotionally and helped me calm anxieties that I have.
It was great to join in something that was informal and very enjoyable.
It gives me a sense of togetherness
It makes me realise I can achieve.
No need to book, just turn up
Other musicians welcome to join in the fun too.
*there’s no cafe or workshop on Easter Monday
Tutor – Amy MacDougall
‘I’m a singer-songwriter and I facilitate music workshops in a variety of settings working with all ages and abilities. My experience also includes performing as a solo artist, touring with Scottish band King Creosote and writing music for film. Singing in a group is a joyful experience that can reduce anxiety and encourage social connection. To support accessibility I teach by ear using a varied repertoire of pop folk, and world music. I focus on material with melodic depth and interesting lyrical content, using harmony and rhythm to develop musicality. Encouraging group members to contribute creative ideas and explore their own musical tastes within the groups is an important part of the exchange as I believe everyone has something to teach as well as something to learn!’
- Introduction to Study at Glasgow School of Art
- Dandiya Nights, Milngavie Town Hall October 2018
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival, School of Rock, Blythswood Hall.
- The Mask of Zorro, Blythswood Hall, Glasgow
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- SUPER Market Glasgow 2018
- Pollok House, Glasgow Doors Open Days, Craft Fair
- Wild Harvest, Native Trees and Fruit, Locavore Guided Walk and Discussion
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- Pollokshaws Community Carnival 2018
- Scotland’s Food and Drink Fortnight 2018
- Six and a Tanner, OranMor
- Young People invited to Meet Mhairi Black M.P., Clydebank
- Medical Aid for Palestinians, Evening at Sloans Glasgow
- Late Night: Superbad, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Graduate Degree Show, 2018, Glasgow School of Art
- Jim Byrne, The Basement Jam, Tennent’s Bar, Glasgow
- Museums at Night, Glasgow, October, 2018
- Glasgow Canal Festival 2018