Here Comes Everybody, Art on a Bus, The Women’s Unit, Castlemilk Friday 1 April, 2016.
Spring 2016 Exhibition and Tour – Here Comes Everybody
The Women’s Unit is very very pleased to announce The Travelling Gallery will be visiting on Friday April 1st. Drop in from 10 a.m.
Unit 17B Castlemilk Arcade, Dougrie Drive, Castlemilk, Glasgow G45 9AA
This is Art in a Bus, ( a beautiful double decker which is also a gallery!) with a new exhibition by KennardPhillips.
Women Only Workshop
The artists are delivering a women only workshop at the unit and work made on the day will join the bus tour to sites all over Scotland ,including the Highlands and Islands. The workshop will be on all day and you can be drop in – please email email@example.com to book a free space.
The current exhibition comprises political collage addressing social justice issues globally and locally. The work is remarkable and the artists were recently exhibited at Stills in Edinburgh. They are the people who created the iconic image of Tony Blair taking a selfie in front of burning oil….very powerful. They are totally lovely people to work with and it’s guaranteed that something strong will come out of participating. No experience necessary.
The Travelling Gallery
The Travelling Gallery is a custom-built, mobile, contemporary art space inside a big beautiful bus. It brings high quality contemporary art exhibitions and events to schools and communities throughout Scotland.
The Travelling Gallery’s next exhibition will be Here Comes Everybody by kennardphillipps and Scott Lang. The exhibition opened at Stills Gallery in Edinburgh during the Edinburgh Art Festival in August 2015. The concept of the exhibition hinges on participation by local audiences and Here Comes Everybody will be touring in the Travelling Gallery from March to May 2016. The War on War Room workshops, which were part of the exhibition at Stills, will also tour to a number of locations on the Travelling Gallery’s itinerary.
- Mind and Draw, The Space, Saturdays
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club Exhibition, Caulders Garden Centre 22 – 25 February, 2018
- Alberto Vazquez Dark Fables: From comics to films, CCA, Glasgow
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh: Making the Glasgow Style
- Henry Raeburn’s ‘Boy and Rabbit’ at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- can’t take my eyes off you – ProjectAbility
- Japanese Prints and their influence at the end of the 19th century, Glasgow Art Club
- ‘Turning Over A New Leaf’ Exhibition at Thistle Gallery
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Thistle Gallery at Christmas
- Context, Exibition of Photography and other interesting images at Offshore Gallery
- Scotland: The Land Beneath Our Feet, ProjectAbility
- The Art of Four, book by Roger Bilcliffe, The Lighthouse
- Chozumaki, The Lighthouse Glasgow
- Temporary Closure of Mackintosh House
- ProjectAbility at Mono
- Artchitecture at the Arlington Baths Club, Collage Exhibition by Marion Gardyne, 1 – 17 December, 2017
- RGI Annual Exhibition, The Mitchell Library, 11 November – 26 November, 2017
- Arctic Walruses in Paisley, Art, Poetry, Fountain and Fun, 25 November, 2017
- Christmas Art Show, Lillie Gallery, November – December, 2017