Here Comes Everybody, Art on a Bus, The Women’s Unit, Castlemilk Friday 1 April, 2016.
Spring 2016 Exhibition and Tour – Here Comes Everybody
The Women’s Unit is very very pleased to announce The Travelling Gallery will be visiting on Friday April 1st. Drop in from 10 a.m.
Unit 17B Castlemilk Arcade, Dougrie Drive, Castlemilk, Glasgow G45 9AA
This is Art in a Bus, ( a beautiful double decker which is also a gallery!) with a new exhibition by KennardPhillips.
Women Only Workshop
The artists are delivering a women only workshop at the unit and work made on the day will join the bus tour to sites all over Scotland ,including the Highlands and Islands. The workshop will be on all day and you can be drop in – please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a free space.
The current exhibition comprises political collage addressing social justice issues globally and locally. The work is remarkable and the artists were recently exhibited at Stills in Edinburgh. They are the people who created the iconic image of Tony Blair taking a selfie in front of burning oil….very powerful. They are totally lovely people to work with and it’s guaranteed that something strong will come out of participating. No experience necessary.
The Travelling Gallery
The Travelling Gallery is a custom-built, mobile, contemporary art space inside a big beautiful bus. It brings high quality contemporary art exhibitions and events to schools and communities throughout Scotland.
The Travelling Gallery’s next exhibition will be Here Comes Everybody by kennardphillipps and Scott Lang. The exhibition opened at Stills Gallery in Edinburgh during the Edinburgh Art Festival in August 2015. The concept of the exhibition hinges on participation by local audiences and Here Comes Everybody will be touring in the Travelling Gallery from March to May 2016. The War on War Room workshops, which were part of the exhibition at Stills, will also tour to a number of locations on the Travelling Gallery’s itinerary.
- Woodlands Artists Residency Weekend
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Limited Edition Art Sale, The Store Interiors
- Light Stream, Lynn Howarth and Peter McNair, Lillie Gallery
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Liquid Light by Vic Rodrick, First Solo Exhibition, Veneer, Glasgow
- A Day Out, The Lighthouse
- Jot and Tittle Expo, citizen M Glasgow
- RE:search Glasgow Science Festival
- Lost Glasgow, More Than Memories Exhibition, Arlington Baths
- E. Jane / Hardeep Pandhal Opening GI Festival, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
- Nnena Kalu, ProjectAbility, Glasgow
- Transatlantic connections – Hunterian exhibition brings Harvard’s historic treasures to Glasgow
- Woodlands Arts Survey & Artist Network Lunch Woodlands Workspace
- Fresh Work Springs Eternal at Thistle Gallery
- Cross-feed Night School with Dr David Luke
- ‘Spring: the music of open windows’ at Thistle Gallery
- Dr Yupin Chung: Tea Under A Willow Tree, Glasgow Art Club
- 150th Anniversary Talks: Joanne Laird & Norman Walker Scotland Street School