Colonel Mustard and The Dijon 5, OranMor, 3 June, 2016
OranMor, Top of Byres Road, G12 8QX
Friday 3 June, 2016 – 7.30 p.m. – 10 p.m.
The Peace, Love & Mustard Tour 2016.
N.B. If any Dijuniors want to join in the fun, this is a 14+ (under 18’s accompanied by an adult) gig.
We are the shiny disco ball hat wearing, ultimate genre hopping, twisted festival, live stage machine that puts the emphasis on music, entertaining and laughter. We are a party at its most outrageous and ridiculous.
Henge: Rude bass, heavy drums and spaced-out synthesizers – these are the characteristic sounds of cosmic dross; a form of music indigenous to the planet Xylanthia (located in the Sirius Star System) and brought to Earth for the first time by Henge. In their unique take on this obscure art-form Henge explore astral and existential themes in an almost human-like manner. Playing electronic instruments live without the aid of computers, their music takes on the form of quirky songs that encourage the listener to consider the immensity of the Universe and ultimately cherish the sacred soil of planet Earth.
Rail Fan ( https://www.facebook.com/
This is the dirty, unwashed underbelly of Scottish Blues/Americana. A musically eccentric, unorthodox outfit from Stirling. By turns, they slip through genre like a spider on Vaseline; grungy blues to progressive swing, unfeigned folk songs that waltz toward Zep-esque riffs and outros that would test Wonder’s resolve. The lyrics draw deep from the septic tank of amoral psyche and their live chemistry appears almost innate.
Irvine Welsh said “If Alex Harvey had been a drug-dealer in The Wire, he would have sounded like this.”
Spread the Mustard love and join The Yellow Movement. Your Colonel needs you!
You ARE The 6th Dijon! We love you! Thank you for being a friend.
Peace, love and Mustard.
Part of the West End Festival
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Gig Guide, West End Festival 2016
- Alan Murphy – A Nod to John Martyn
- Kirklee Allotments Open Day West End Festival 2019
- The Glasgow Mela 2019
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- Some things want to run V/DA | Sonic Séance: The Gathering CCA
- The Big West End Festival Closing Party Cottiers
- Rab Noakes, Websters 2
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Lids Open Day with Glasgow Piano City West End Festival
- Glasgow Jazz Festival 2019
- The Lighthouse is celebrating its 20th Birthday
- Beatson Cancer Charity Gin and Sing, Bohemian Rhapsody
- Summer Ball Fundraiser Craft Café Govan
- The Tennessee Hotshots at Websters Playhouse
- Big Choir Concert at Cottiers
- Carers’ Week 2019
- Wilton Street Garden Fete
- Glasgow Roma Traveller Celebration CCA
- Da Capo Alba guitar and mandolin orchestra Cottiers