Colonel Mustard and The Dijon 5, OranMor, 3 June, 2016
OranMor, Top of Byres Road, G12 8QX
Friday 3 June, 2016 – 7.30 p.m. – 10 p.m.
The Peace, Love & Mustard Tour 2016.
N.B. If any Dijuniors want to join in the fun, this is a 14+ (under 18’s accompanied by an adult) gig.
We are the shiny disco ball hat wearing, ultimate genre hopping, twisted festival, live stage machine that puts the emphasis on music, entertaining and laughter. We are a party at its most outrageous and ridiculous.
Henge: Rude bass, heavy drums and spaced-out synthesizers – these are the characteristic sounds of cosmic dross; a form of music indigenous to the planet Xylanthia (located in the Sirius Star System) and brought to Earth for the first time by Henge. In their unique take on this obscure art-form Henge explore astral and existential themes in an almost human-like manner. Playing electronic instruments live without the aid of computers, their music takes on the form of quirky songs that encourage the listener to consider the immensity of the Universe and ultimately cherish the sacred soil of planet Earth.
Rail Fan ( https://www.facebook.com/
This is the dirty, unwashed underbelly of Scottish Blues/Americana. A musically eccentric, unorthodox outfit from Stirling. By turns, they slip through genre like a spider on Vaseline; grungy blues to progressive swing, unfeigned folk songs that waltz toward Zep-esque riffs and outros that would test Wonder’s resolve. The lyrics draw deep from the septic tank of amoral psyche and their live chemistry appears almost innate.
Irvine Welsh said “If Alex Harvey had been a drug-dealer in The Wire, he would have sounded like this.”
Spread the Mustard love and join The Yellow Movement. Your Colonel needs you!
You ARE The 6th Dijon! We love you! Thank you for being a friend.
Peace, love and Mustard.
Part of the West End Festival
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Gig Guide, West End Festival 2016
- Edwyn Collins QMU Glasgow
- Propaganda – Indie Club Night, QMU
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- G20 Festival GBX Fundraiser
- Matchbox Cineclub Weird Weekend at CCA Glasgow
- Starry Skies, Warren and Heather at Old Hairdressers
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Clydebuilt Festival Dragon Boat Race
- Glasgow Museums – Great Big Heritage Bus Tour
- Walk in James Watt’s Footsteps
- East End Free Festival
- Tenements Today Tenements Tomorrow
- The Rebirth of the Clyde, Fairfield Heritage
- Broken Chanter Album Launch, CCA
- Bohemia Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair
- Michael Simons at Partick Folk Club
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Take One Action, GFT
- Extinction Rebellion Climate Carnival Renfrewshire