Colin Herd, Poet at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
Monday 19 February, 2018 – 1 – 2 PM
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Free & Open to the Public
Colin Herd is a poet and Lecturer in Creative Writing at University of Glasgow.
His first collection of poems “too ok” was published by BlazeVOX in 2011. A pamphlet, “like”, was published by Knives, Forks and Spoons Press in 2011 and a second full-length collection ‘Glovebox’, was published by Knives Forks and Spoons Press in 2013.
In 2014, he read as part of the Auld Enemies tour of Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee, Lerwick and Kirkwall. In 2015, a book of collaborations with SJ Fowler based around the life and work of Oskar Kokoschka was published with support from the Austrian Cultural Forum.’
Click & Collect’ is new in 2017 from Boiler House Press, alongside a limited edition pamphlet Swamp Kiss, from Red Ceilings Press.
He has published over 60 reviews and articles on art and literature in publications including Aesthetica Magazine, 3:AM Magazine, PN:Review and The Independent. He has read and performed his work widely, including at Rich Mix Arts Centre, The Fruitmarket Gallery, Gay’s the Word Bookshop, Edinburgh University, Lancaster University and The Edinburgh International Book Festival.
In 2014, ‘Glovebox’ was highly commended in the Forward Prizes.
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Open Mic Hits The Sticks
- Stuart David at Aye Write, 2018 review by Pat Byrne
- Creative Conversations Poet and Playwright Inua Ellams, University of Glasgow
- AyeWrite! 2018 Ten Writers Telling Lies
- Stuart David, writer and musician at Aye Write 2018
- Leo Barasi, The Climate Majority, Aye Write 2018
- Jo Pratt & Sumayya Usmani: The Flexible Vegetarian at Aye Write, 2018.
- Owen Mullen, Claire MacLeary and Angus McAllister Criminal Beginnings at Aye Write
- The Books That Made Me, Adele Patrick, Glasgow Women’s Library at Aye Write 2018
- Michael Meighan, Aye Write 2018 – Glasgow in 50 Buildings
- Ash Dykes, Mission Impossible, Aye Write 2018
- Christopher Baker – Monarch of the Glen, Aye Write 2018
- Simon McDermott & Chris Wilson, The Songaminute Man, Aye Write 2018
- Chris Bryant, ‘Entitled’ at Aye Write 2018
- Aye Write 2018, Jon McGregor introduces…Chris Power & Chris McQueer
- Gail Honeyman and Sarah Winman Word of Mouth Best Sellers, Aye Write 2018
- Scottish Women Writers with Linda Jackson of University of Strathclyde Creative Writing
- Stuart David Peacock’s Alibi, Aye Write 2018
- Wee Write – Family Days at Aye Write! 3 and 4 March, 2018
- Ten Writers Telling Lies and M. Litt Creative Writing Open Mic, Gilchrist Centre University of Glasgow