Colin Herd, Poet at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
Monday 19 February, 2018 – 1 – 2 PM
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Free & Open to the Public
Colin Herd is a poet and Lecturer in Creative Writing at University of Glasgow.
His first collection of poems “too ok” was published by BlazeVOX in 2011. A pamphlet, “like”, was published by Knives, Forks and Spoons Press in 2011 and a second full-length collection ‘Glovebox’, was published by Knives Forks and Spoons Press in 2013.
In 2014, he read as part of the Auld Enemies tour of Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee, Lerwick and Kirkwall. In 2015, a book of collaborations with SJ Fowler based around the life and work of Oskar Kokoschka was published with support from the Austrian Cultural Forum.’
Click & Collect’ is new in 2017 from Boiler House Press, alongside a limited edition pamphlet Swamp Kiss, from Red Ceilings Press.
He has published over 60 reviews and articles on art and literature in publications including Aesthetica Magazine, 3:AM Magazine, PN:Review and The Independent. He has read and performed his work widely, including at Rich Mix Arts Centre, The Fruitmarket Gallery, Gay’s the Word Bookshop, Edinburgh University, Lancaster University and The Edinburgh International Book Festival.
In 2014, ‘Glovebox’ was highly commended in the Forward Prizes.
- Spotlight on Cinemas – West End Festival 2018
- The 5th Annual Champipunship, OranMor
- Cindigo, Poets at West End Festival
- Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- Dodie Bellamy, Kevin Killian, Calum Gardner, SWG3 Poetry Club
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Beyond Boundaries, Festival 2018, Call For Poems
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Launch of Autumn Voices 2018
- ‘Growing and Dying’ Tribute to Janet Paisley, Event at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Writers’ Workshop Day at Fruin Farm, Nr. Helensburgh
- Marian Keyes at Aye Write, the Mitchell Library
- Autumn Voices Project – Poetry Competition 2018
- Autumn Voices Showcase 2018
- Creative Writing Fair, University of Glasgow
- Aye Write: Wee Write Beano Cartoon Capers, Mitchell Library