Clydebuilt Festival Glasgow, 23 and 24 September, 2017
A new free festival of Boats, Folk and Our Shared Heritage
On the 23rd and 24th of September, Glasgow will play host to the first Clydebuilt Festival at The Tall Ship, a free celebration of boats and the folk that use them for work and play.
There will be something for everyone at the festival: whether you are young or old; an old salt or a determined land lubber, come along to see, smell, taste and experience maritime heritage as you’ve never seen it before.
The whole festival is open from 10am to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday.
On Saturday night the bar marquee will be open with bands playing until 11pm.
Watch out for Workshops for children and adults
Want to make your own game of quoits? A great activity for a child and carer to do together. Come to the Tall Ship’s workshop 23-24 September and try your hand at some joinery and rope skills. Guides will show you how to use traditional joiners’ tools and rope making techniques to make a game of quoits like the one sailors played on the Tall Ship.
Suitable for age 8+. Cost (for materials) £5/game. Booking essential. Information and bookings: at the Tall Ship or call 0141 3573699.
Want to make a lead for your doggy? Come to the Tall Ship’s workshops 23-24 September and try your hand at some rope skills. Guides will teach you how to splice a rope and tie clever knots the way the sailors on the Tall Ship did.
Suitable for age 8+. Cost (for materials) £5/lead. Booking essential. Information and bookings: at the Tall Ship or call 0141 3573699.
The Tall Ship, 150 Pointhouse , Glasgow G3 8RS
You could also become a volunteer on the festival and experience first hand the event by helping out. No experience needed. There is a job for everyone!
For details: clydebuiltfestival.com
- SPLIT Glasgow Art Collective Graduate Showcase
- Summer Ball Fundraiser Craft Café Govan
- Lids Open Day with Glasgow Piano City West End Festival
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh by John Cairney, West End Festival 2019
- The Italian Job GFT
- Class of 1984 | Pity Party Film Club CCA
- Sleepless in Seattle, GFT
- Robert the Bruce, GFT
- Late Night GFT
- Balloon GFT
- Diego Maradona GFT
- The Tennessee Hotshots at Websters Playhouse
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- NT Live: Small Island, GFT
- Glasgow Botanic Gardens: 200 Years at West End Festival 2019
- Chicago Websters Theatre
- Scalarama Press/Marketing and Design
- The Big West End Festival Closing Party Cottiers
- Big Choir Concert at Cottiers
- Ceilidh Dances at Cottiers, West End Festival 2019