Club Uprising, 22 October, 2016 Stereo
**** DISCO, HOUSE & TECHNO ****
**** DJs Michael Bleazard, Beat Mongrel & VJ Mofis ****
**** Entry £8 (£5 students) ****
Stereo, 20 – 28 Renfield Lane, G2
Another Uprising; another Scottish debut: Beat Mongrel!
As part of the TCA 5th Birthday weekend, we are pleased to be part of the celebrations where we can party in epic style and help to raise funds for Urban Uprising.
Uprising is the fundraising club-night of Urban Uprising, a charity dedicated to funding climbing and educational programmes for youngsters in deprived areas. Urban Uprising already assists an existing outreach project in Rio de Janeirio and more recently and locally, has set up the “Dumby Project”. There are also plans for a similar initiative for Edinburgh in the pipeline.
Rather fittingly for this particular Uprising we have Beat Mongrel spinning the decks, AKA Paul Twomney: a well known SW activist and one of the founder and head honchos of the TCA empire. Expect a set of Bristolian beats full of chunky house and funky-assed techno from the Mongrel himself.
Support once again comes from Uprising stalwarts; DJ Michael “Blezz” providing the warm-up grooves and VJ Mofis with his entrancing projections.
Many sponsors have, once again, been kind enough to support this fundraising event: these include Dream Walls, Edelrid and Scarpa. Please visit and like their respective facebook pages. As a result of the support from these companies, ALL proceeds from the door will be going directly to Urban Uprising.
See you all on the Dancefloor.
- Novelist Sarah Moss Creative Conversations
- Women and Rent Strikes Red Clydeside at the Mitchell Library
- Free Online Course, University of Glasgow: Robert Burns: Poems, Songs and Legacy
- Burns Night, Inn Deep
- Nichol Wheatley’s art depicting the tale of Tam O’Shanter at OranMor
- The Enduring Appeal of Mary Queen of Scots – University of Glasgow Research
- Curtain Set to Rise on Celtic Connections 2019
- FrightFest Week-End 1 and 2 March, 2019
- Silent Disco Party Parade, The Record Factory
- Glasgow Girls Kings Theatre
- Discover Family History at Kelvinhall
- Blueprint: Theorum CCA
- Collette, GFT
- Coach to Vienna + Fruit of Paradise | Ester Krumbachová Film Programme
- Conny Plank The Potential of Noise
- NT Live The Tragedy of King Richard II
- The Favourite, GFT
- Stan and Ollie, GFT
- CANCELLED She’s En Scene Women’s Screening: The Surprise Film CCA
- Tell It Slant Express Yourself on Burns Night