Club Uprising, 22 October, 2016 Stereo
**** DISCO, HOUSE & TECHNO ****
**** DJs Michael Bleazard, Beat Mongrel & VJ Mofis ****
**** Entry £8 (£5 students) ****
Stereo, 20 – 28 Renfield Lane, G2
Another Uprising; another Scottish debut: Beat Mongrel!
As part of the TCA 5th Birthday weekend, we are pleased to be part of the celebrations where we can party in epic style and help to raise funds for Urban Uprising.
Uprising is the fundraising club-night of Urban Uprising, a charity dedicated to funding climbing and educational programmes for youngsters in deprived areas. Urban Uprising already assists an existing outreach project in Rio de Janeirio and more recently and locally, has set up the “Dumby Project”. There are also plans for a similar initiative for Edinburgh in the pipeline.
Rather fittingly for this particular Uprising we have Beat Mongrel spinning the decks, AKA Paul Twomney: a well known SW activist and one of the founder and head honchos of the TCA empire. Expect a set of Bristolian beats full of chunky house and funky-assed techno from the Mongrel himself.
Support once again comes from Uprising stalwarts; DJ Michael “Blezz” providing the warm-up grooves and VJ Mofis with his entrancing projections.
Many sponsors have, once again, been kind enough to support this fundraising event: these include Dream Walls, Edelrid and Scarpa. Please visit and like their respective facebook pages. As a result of the support from these companies, ALL proceeds from the door will be going directly to Urban Uprising.
See you all on the Dancefloor.
- Book Launch: Welcome to the Heady Heights by David Ross
- Woodlands Community Garden’s 9th Birthday Celebration
- Starchild Art for Africa with McTears Auctioneers and The Hidden Lane Gallery
- Frank Turner at Aye Write
- Lynn Howarth Featured Artist at The Glasgow Gallery
- Aye Write! Open Mic with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Andrew O’Hagan Creative Conversations
- Launch of The Blame Game C.J. Cooke
- Hannah Aldridge and the Goat Roper Band
- Music Broth Grow With Music Youth Project
- Aye Write: Emily Cutts with Carol Craig
- Ras Digby (Sir Jessus Soundsystem) The Rum Shack
- Girl GFT
- Astro Black GSFF at CCA
- Glasgow Short Film Festival 2019
- First Reels 2: Scottish Women Filmmakers of the 1990s CCA
- Wuthering Heights, Glasgow Film Theatre
- GSFF19 | Blueprint: Scottish Independent Shorts
- Accents, Glasgow Short Film Festival 2019
- Us, Glasgow Film Theatre