Classic Pedal for Scotland 6 September, 2015 Glasgow to Edinburgh
6 SEPTEMBER 2015 – GLASGOW TO EDINBURGH
The Classic Pedal for Scotland ride, the Challenge is now in its 17th year. The 50 mile Glasgow to Edinburgh ride is the event’s most popular ride and attracted over 7,500 participants last year.
Glasgow Green at 7:30am
Adults – £28, concessions – £19.
Transport is an additional £19.
Transport can be booked for you and your bike either from Murrayfield to Glasgow Green on the morning of the event to get to the start line, or after the ride from Murrayfield back to Glasgow Green. You will be given a place on a bus while your bike will be transported in a truck. You will be given a ticket to collect your bike at the other end.
If you’d like to enter as a group please follow this link
The ride’s huge popularity is due to the combination of a great route* that uses a mixture of closed roads, quiet back roads and cycle paths and the fact that it takes in Scotland’s two largest cities via stunning countryside. It’s the perfect challenge for both regular riders and those who haven’t cycled in a while – a few weeks training is enough to get in shape.
There are rest stops around every ten miles serving free refreshments, plus a free lunch at the beautiful Linlithgow Palace, topped off with entertainment and activities in Edinburgh, making for the perfect active day out for groups of friends, family or work mates. Transport can also be booked to get you and your bike to the start at Glasgow Green, or home from the finish line at Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh.
*Route subject to change
- Soul Bowl, Jordanhill Bowling Club, 27 January, 2018
- Save £4 Ticket Offer- The Creative Craft Show and The Scottish Quilting Show
- Artists Network Lunch, Woodland Community
- Glasgow Kilo Vintage Sale, The Briggait, Glasgow 4 February, 2018
- Talk on Gaza, University of Glasgow, 23 January, 2018
- The Friction Burns Supper, Rio Pop Up, Glasgow
- Monte Carlo Classic Rally, Paisley 31 January, 2018
- Dance House Glasgow WinterFest
- Mystical Gardens at Glasgow Botanic Gardens
- New additions to Celtic Connections Programme 2018
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Wedding Open Events at Cottiers, Glasgow West End
- Linlithgow Folk Festival – Keep Matt McGinn Singing
- Special events and big musical guests announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2018
- Big Feed Street Social Glasgow 27 -28 January, 2017
- Scottish Witches – Pop Up Display Mitchell Library
- This is not a Burns Night – Govanhill Baths
- Finsbay Burns Night Fundraiser
- A Celebration of the Isle of Harris Gin at Finsbay
- Yes Bar Glasgow, Hogmanay 2017