Classic Pedal for Scotland 6 September, 2015 Glasgow to Edinburgh
6 SEPTEMBER 2015 – GLASGOW TO EDINBURGH
The Classic Pedal for Scotland ride, the Challenge is now in its 17th year. The 50 mile Glasgow to Edinburgh ride is the event’s most popular ride and attracted over 7,500 participants last year.
Glasgow Green at 7:30am
Adults – £28, concessions – £19.
Transport is an additional £19.
Transport can be booked for you and your bike either from Murrayfield to Glasgow Green on the morning of the event to get to the start line, or after the ride from Murrayfield back to Glasgow Green. You will be given a place on a bus while your bike will be transported in a truck. You will be given a ticket to collect your bike at the other end.
If you’d like to enter as a group please follow this link
The ride’s huge popularity is due to the combination of a great route* that uses a mixture of closed roads, quiet back roads and cycle paths and the fact that it takes in Scotland’s two largest cities via stunning countryside. It’s the perfect challenge for both regular riders and those who haven’t cycled in a while – a few weeks training is enough to get in shape.
There are rest stops around every ten miles serving free refreshments, plus a free lunch at the beautiful Linlithgow Palace, topped off with entertainment and activities in Edinburgh, making for the perfect active day out for groups of friends, family or work mates. Transport can also be booked to get you and your bike to the start at Glasgow Green, or home from the finish line at Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh.
*Route subject to change
- Scotland All Day Sacred Harp Singing 2018
- Social Bite – Sleep in the Park – Tackling Homelessness in Scotland
- Musicians in Exile, The Pearce Institute
- Martha L Healy, Album Launch, The Glad Cafe
- Hazy Recollections – Woody Pines , Yvonne Lyon , Al Shields, Glasgow Americana
- The Glad Cafe, 6th birthday celebration
- Glasgow Americana – Yola Carter & The Red Pine Timber Co, Cottiers
- John Waters’ Polyester – Launch of Scalarama Programme 2018
- Garden Party Weekend, Fundraiser, Glasgow
- Talk of the Steamie Conference, Govanhill
- Festival 2018, Berlin on Screen GFT
- Seven Song Club Weekender, Merchant City Festival
- GlasGLOW at the Botanic Gardens – Hallowe’en
- Yorkhill and Finnieston Gala 2018
- Publishing Scotland International Showcase, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Glasgow Songwriting Festival
- Bute Noir 2018
- Brooklyn On Tour Comes To Glasgow
- Merchant City Festival 2018
- Festival 2018 Glasgow