Classic Pedal for Scotland 6 September, 2015 Glasgow to Edinburgh
6 SEPTEMBER 2015 – GLASGOW TO EDINBURGH
The Classic Pedal for Scotland ride, the Challenge is now in its 17th year. The 50 mile Glasgow to Edinburgh ride is the event’s most popular ride and attracted over 7,500 participants last year.
Glasgow Green at 7:30am
Adults – £28, concessions – £19.
Transport is an additional £19.
Transport can be booked for you and your bike either from Murrayfield to Glasgow Green on the morning of the event to get to the start line, or after the ride from Murrayfield back to Glasgow Green. You will be given a place on a bus while your bike will be transported in a truck. You will be given a ticket to collect your bike at the other end.
If you’d like to enter as a group please follow this link
The ride’s huge popularity is due to the combination of a great route* that uses a mixture of closed roads, quiet back roads and cycle paths and the fact that it takes in Scotland’s two largest cities via stunning countryside. It’s the perfect challenge for both regular riders and those who haven’t cycled in a while – a few weeks training is enough to get in shape.
There are rest stops around every ten miles serving free refreshments, plus a free lunch at the beautiful Linlithgow Palace, topped off with entertainment and activities in Edinburgh, making for the perfect active day out for groups of friends, family or work mates. Transport can also be booked to get you and your bike to the start at Glasgow Green, or home from the finish line at Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh.
*Route subject to change
- Book Week Scotland 2018 – Events at Arlington Baths Club
- DUNOON FILM FESTIVAL 2018 ANNOUNCES FULL PROGRAMME
- Glasgow Havana Film Festival, CCA 2018
- Night at the Museum, Comics Scotland.
- Glasgow’s Big Feed, Govan, 10 – 11 November, 2018
- Open Door Day Centre for Advanced Textiles Glasgow School of Art
- Firework Displays in Glasgow 2018
- Estonia Now at GFT
- Glasgow Havana Film Festival 2018, GFT
- Salsa Networking Event, Havana Glasgow Film Festival CCA
- Book Week Scotland: In Conversation with Graeme Macrae Burnet, GOMA
- The Primevals, Winter Initiative Night Shelter Fundraiser, Mono
- Book Week Scotland 2018
- Never Been Kissed Rum Shack Halloween Fundraiser
- Paisley Spooktacular Halloween Festival
- World Power Lifting Championships 2018 Glasgow
- Africa in Motion – I Still Hide To Smoke, GFT
- Be Bop Bairns Halloween Glasgow
- Nice Thursday Market, Merchants House, Glasgow
- St Andrew’s Torch Light Parade Glasgow West End