CINE[STHESIA] – Scots and America, Kelvin Hall
Saturday, 24 November, 2018 – 12.00 p.m.
Celebrate Thanksgiving at National Library of Scotland, Kelvinhall
Come along to CINE[STHESIA] – the film club which showcases hidden gems from the National Library of Scotland’s Moving Image Archive.
To celebrate Thanksgiving, we’re rerunning CINE[STHESIA] Scots and America.
From Neil Armstrong to Nessie, you’re sure to spot some familiar faces as we screen a selection of our films showcasing all things ‘USA’! Featuring the work of award winning Scottish film maker Iain Rintoul, these films will take us from Pearl Harbor to 1970s New York, culminating in a screening of ‘The Loch Ness Monster Movie’- a humourous take on what would happen if the US bought the Loch Ness Monster…
After the screening, take some time to explore our collections in the National Library’s award-winning Kelvin Hall venue.
Free. Book ‘CINE[STHESIA] Scots and America’ on Eventbrite or phone 0845 366 4629.
National Library of Scotland at Kelvin Hall, 1445 Argyle Street, Glasgow G3 8AW
- East End Free Festival
- Tenements Today Tenements Tomorrow
- Thirty Years of Glasgow Doors Open Day
- The Rebirth of the Clyde, Fairfield Heritage
- Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
- Glasgow Then and Now at The Mitchell Library
- Broken Chanter Album Launch, CCA
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Linda McCartney Retrospective at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- Michael Simons at Partick Folk Club
- Free event: Scottish Writers Showcase, University of Glasgow
- Book Launch: Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- Leto GFT
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood GFT
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Inside Man GFT
- Gaza GFT
- Preview: For Sama GFT plus Q & A