CINE[STHESIA] – Scots and America, Kelvin Hall
Saturday, 24 November, 2018 – 12.00 p.m.
Celebrate Thanksgiving at National Library of Scotland, Kelvinhall
Come along to CINE[STHESIA] – the film club which showcases hidden gems from the National Library of Scotland’s Moving Image Archive.
To celebrate Thanksgiving, we’re rerunning CINE[STHESIA] Scots and America.
From Neil Armstrong to Nessie, you’re sure to spot some familiar faces as we screen a selection of our films showcasing all things ‘USA’! Featuring the work of award winning Scottish film maker Iain Rintoul, these films will take us from Pearl Harbor to 1970s New York, culminating in a screening of ‘The Loch Ness Monster Movie’- a humourous take on what would happen if the US bought the Loch Ness Monster…
After the screening, take some time to explore our collections in the National Library’s award-winning Kelvin Hall venue.
Free. Book ‘CINE[STHESIA] Scots and America’ on Eventbrite or phone 0845 366 4629.
National Library of Scotland at Kelvin Hall, 1445 Argyle Street, Glasgow G3 8AW
- Alan Murphy – A Nod to John Martyn
- The Creative Process with Jacqueline Smith
- An Evening with local author – Pat McIntosh
- Scottish PEN’s Writers in Exile
- Queen Margaret Drive Festival, West End Festival 2019
- Kirklee Allotments Open Day West End Festival 2019
- Manaf Halbouni – Artist’s Talk Refugee Festival Scotland
- Britain on Film: Welcome to Britain plus Q & A GFT
- Memoir of War GFT
- Anna Magnani: Made in Rome GFT
- The Cure Live at Hydepark – Anniversary 1978 – 2018
- Outdoor Art Film, Eglantine, North Kelvin Meadow Glasgow
- The Glasgow Mela 2019
- Love Me or Leave Me, GFT
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- Interfest and Book Launch Garnethill Glasgow
- The Captor, GFT
- Robert the Bruce, GFT
- Diego Maradona GFT
- NT Live: Small Island, GFT