Cinema: Beginners Course CCA Monday 15 August – Monday 3 October. 2016
An ideal beginner’s course for those wishing to broaden their critical understanding of contemporary cinema.
Monday 15 August – Monday 3 October, 2016
The course takes place over eight consecutive Monday evenings, and is comprised of four film screenings and four seminars. Films will be in early evenings but exact times may vary and will include titles such as Wiener-Dog, Julieta and Captain Fantastic.*
PLEASE NOTE: Seminars will take place at 18.30 in the clubroom at Centre for Contemporary Arts (CCA).
Led by Alistair Harkness, Film Critic and Feature Writer with The Scotsman, and regular contributor to BBC Radio Scotland’s The Janice Forsyth Show.
Price: £65/55 – tickets to films included
*Films subject to change due to scheduling and release dates
This is a level one course.
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3JD
- Buffy The Vampire Slayer Festival, Burnt Church Film Club Glasgow
- The Happy Prince, GFT
- Strangers on a Train, GFT
- Mary Shelley, GFT
- Arcadia, GFT
- Thoroughbred, GFT
- A Love That Never Dies with Q & A at GFT
- Cinemasters: Jacques Tati at GFT, Summer 2018
- Mean Girls, Burnt Church Film Club + Daniel Franzese in person for Q & A
- Whitney + Kevin Macdonald Q & A, GFT
- Bright Star, GFT
- Cinemasters: Alfred Hitchcock Season at GFT 2018
- Hereditary GFT
- The Swimmer, GFT
- Spotlight on Cinemas – West End Festival 2018
- Jaws, GFT
- Yellow Submarine, GFT
- In Bed With Madonna GFT
- Through Our Eyes screening and Q & A with Samir Mehanovic
- Ghostbusters, GFT