Cinema: Beginners Course CCA Monday 15 August – Monday 3 October. 2016
An ideal beginner’s course for those wishing to broaden their critical understanding of contemporary cinema.
Monday 15 August – Monday 3 October, 2016
The course takes place over eight consecutive Monday evenings, and is comprised of four film screenings and four seminars. Films will be in early evenings but exact times may vary and will include titles such as Wiener-Dog, Julieta and Captain Fantastic.*
PLEASE NOTE: Seminars will take place at 18.30 in the clubroom at Centre for Contemporary Arts (CCA).
Led by Alistair Harkness, Film Critic and Feature Writer with The Scotsman, and regular contributor to BBC Radio Scotland’s The Janice Forsyth Show.
Price: £65/55 – tickets to films included
*Films subject to change due to scheduling and release dates
This is a level one course.
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3JD
- Film Listings at GFT, March 2018
- Good Favour, GFT
- Another News Story, GFT
- Glasgow Film Festival 2018 – Closing Gala: Felipe Bustos Sierra’s Nae Pasaran
- Sound and Vision Strand, Glasgow Film Festival 2018
- The Valley of Shadows, GFT
- 4 at GFT
- Young Films Foundation, CCA
- Glasgow Film Festival 2018 – Catch Some Amazing Guests
- Fright Fest at Glasgow Film Festival 2018
- GFF 2018 Kinning Park Carnival: Bride and Prejudice, Kinning Park Complex
- The Shape of Water, GFT
- Soundtracking, Edith Bowman with Lynne Ramsay, GFT
- Sweet Country, Cineworld Glasgow
- The Breadwinner, GFT
- Working Girl, GFF 2018
- FrightFest, Glasgow Film Festival: challenge to aspiring Scottish filmmakers
- LGBT History Month, Film Screening and Discussion, STUC
- The Ballad of Lefty Brown, GFT
- Call Me By Your Name, GFT