Ciara Phillips Show Me Your Glow, Glasgow Print Studio, Glasgow International
(Ciara Phillips, Installation view of Workshop, (2013). Courtesy of Daniel Brooke.)
Friday 20 April – Sunday 3 June, 2018
Glasgow Print Studio (GPS) presents a print installation by longterm studio member and recent Turner Prize nominee Ciara Phillips.
Phillips’ practice, which addresses issues around women’s representation and self-actualisation, takes an experimental and process focussed approach to printmaking. Working primarily in the medium of screenprint, her artworks combine text, photography and abstract forms to create work with a strong aesthetic and conceptual voice.
For this exhibition Phillips works with GPS Master Printers Scott Campbell and Ian McNicol to produce screenprints, etching and monoprints.
Supported by Glasgow International, John Purcell and Canada House.
Fri 20 April – Sun 3 June
Mon – Wed & Fri – Sun, 10am-6pm
Glasgow Print Studio
- Many Singers Many Songs, Maryhill, 24 November, 2018
- West Dunbartonshire Christmas Toy Appeal
- Six and a Tanner, One Man Play by Rony Bridges
- Tai Chi Classes at Hillhead Sports Club
- Claire McFall, Creative Conversations
- Cultural Diversity Showcase, The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Black History Month
- “Freedom Bound” – Slavery in Scotland Discussion at GOMA
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Freedom Bound – Escaping Slavery in Scotland
- Dublin Film Festival celebrating New Scottish Cinema
- Glasgow Christmas Lights Switch On
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre at The Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Lady Vengeance at Glasgow Film Theatre
- John Carpenter: Master of Horror at Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Handmaiden – GFT
- A night of music and song in support of Cure Claire’s Cancer
- Linda Jaxson, Unchain My Heart, St Louis Partick
- We See The World Differently Screening 24 October, 2018
- The Big Day of KinDness 23 October, 2018
- My 20th Century Glasgow Film Theatre
- Standing on Their Shoulders, UK Premier, Africa in Motion Film Festival