Christo’s Art Gallery Glasgow
Gallery and Gifts
595 Great Western Road, Glasgow G12 8HX
Telephone: 0141 579 0004
Christo's Glasgow – a very bright spot on Great Western Road. Gallery owner Louise Burns has brought together a fine selection of original art by artists based in Scotland. You will be spoiled for choice when looking for that perfect gift or wonderful piece of art for your home.
Careful and enthusiastic in sourcing items for the gallery, Louise has been successful in putting together a selection 'that should appeal to most tastes' and you can find work by newcomers and established artists hanging side by side. Decidedly, she is achieving her aim to showcase some of the best of Scottish talent with many excellent works for you to select from. And with new pieces arriving all the time.
Other featured artists at Christo's include: Hazel Bowman, Tommy Fitchet, Peter Howson, Graeme McKean, Gerard Burns, Joe O'Brien, Kirsten Harris, J.P. McLaughlin, Ian Carby, Angela Hynd, John Samson, Elena Kourenkova, & Dronma, Robin Wades and Iain Faulkner. Also up and coming artists Alison Cowan, Stanley Bird, and Garry Conway.
Various exciting exhibitions take place throughout the year and you can find out more about these at: christo's gallery on facebook
Apart from fantastic paintings and art work Christo's also has a wonderful selection of designer jewellery, gifts and cards - you can always find something new and different. There is always something new to admire including tempting arrays of bags, scarves and accessories.
There is also some fabulous designer jewellery and you will love the slate range designed by Lorriane Loragan. Also very popular are the quirky snickkelldoodle cushions, scented with vanilla, these come in all shapes from Scottie dogs to shapely zebra print bustiers.
When setting up shop it was one of Louise's objectives to incorporate her love for nice things with exceptional customer service and nothing is ever too much trouble. There are many added extras available - designed to make life easier.
The gallery provides: Home Delivery, a Hanging Service and Wedding Register - to name but a few. With this approach it's no surprise that Christo's has a loyal band of satisfied and happy customers, who return to the shop time and time again.
The shop is very welcoming and a far cry from some of the stuffy galleries that can be a bit intimidating. The art work is very tempting and there are also some very useful items in stock including 'her and her' cards or 'his and his' cards for gay civil ceremony celebrations.
Christo's is a great place to browse and buy and there is always something new going on with the ever-changing exhibitions.
Find out about Forthcoming Exhibitions and Events
Details about exhibitions, events and the arrival of new stock can be found at Christo's website: www.christosgallery.com
Christo's opening hours are:
Tuesday - Saturday 10.30 -5.30
Sunday 12 - 5
Open by appointment anytime.
This section: Art - what's on
Filed under: Art - what's on
One response to “Christo’s Art Gallery Glasgow”
- Context, Exibition of Photography and other interesting images at Offshore Gallery
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Thistle Gallery at Christmas
- Scotland: The Land Beneath Our Feet, ProjectAbility
- The Art of Four, book by Roger Bilcliffe, The Lighthouse
- Chozumaki, The Lighthouse Glasgow
- Temporary Closure of Mackintosh House
- ProjectAbility at Mono
- Artchitecture at the Arlington Baths Club, Collage Exhibition by Marion Gardyne, 1 – 17 December, 2017
- RGI Annual Exhibition, The Mitchell Library, 11 November – 26 November, 2017
- Arctic Walruses in Paisley, Art, Poetry, Fountain and Fun, 25 November, 2017
- Christmas Art Show, Lillie Gallery, November – December, 2017
- Archifon IV, Cryptic Sonica, University of Glasgow Chapel 1 – 5 November, 2017
- ProjectAbility Pop Up Shop orignal arts and crafts, Nov/Dec, 2017
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Exhibition in Napier Hall, 20 – 22 October, 2017
- Easing into Autumn With ‘Seven of Seven’, Thistle Gallery from 19 October, 2017 until end of the month.
- Scotland’s Own Coinage, The Hunterian, From 3 October 2017
- Glasgow Society of Women Artists at the Lillie Gallery, 7th October – 2nd November 2017
- A Synchronology: the contemporary and other times, Hunterian Art Gallery, 27 October 2017 – 28 January 2018
- Mackintosh Club, Helensburgh, Mackintosh Festival 2017