Christopher Priest, Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow, 13 November, 2017
Monday 13 November, 2017, 1 – 2 PM
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Free & Open to the Public
Christopher Priest is a novelist and science fiction writer.
Priest has won the BSFA award for the best novel four times: in 1974 for Inverted World; in 1998 for The Extremes; in 2002 for The Separation and in 2011 for The Islanders.
In 1983 Priest was named one of the 20 Granta Best of Young British Novelists. In 1988 he won the Kurd-Laßwitz-Preis for The Glamour as Best Foreign Fiction Book. He has won the James Tait Black Memorial Prize for Fiction and the World Fantasy Award (for The Prestige). He won the BSFA award for short fiction in 1979 for the short story “Palely Loitering”; and has been nominated for Hugo Awards in the categories of Best Novel, Best Novella, Best Novelette, and Best Non-Fiction Book.
Books by featured authors will be for sale in John Smiths bookshop.
- Edwyn Collins QMU Glasgow
- Pain and Glory, GFT
- A Faithful Man, GFT
- Chic-raq GFT
- Pity Party Film Club CCA
- Propaganda – Indie Club Night, QMU
- Through Black Spruce, GFT
- BlacKkKlansman, GFT
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- G20 Festival GBX Fundraiser
- Matchbox Cineclub Weird Weekend at CCA Glasgow
- Starry Skies, Warren and Heather at Old Hairdressers
- Glasgow Doors Open Day Kelvin Hall 2019
- Gaza GFT
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Clydebuilt Festival Dragon Boat Race
- Glasgow Museums – Great Big Heritage Bus Tour
- Walk in James Watt’s Footsteps
- An Evening with Gracey Flair at Helensburgh Library
- East End Free Festival