Christopher Priest, Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow, 13 November, 2017
Monday 13 November, 2017, 1 – 2 PM
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Free & Open to the Public
Christopher Priest is a novelist and science fiction writer.
Priest has won the BSFA award for the best novel four times: in 1974 for Inverted World; in 1998 for The Extremes; in 2002 for The Separation and in 2011 for The Islanders.
In 1983 Priest was named one of the 20 Granta Best of Young British Novelists. In 1988 he won the Kurd-Laßwitz-Preis for The Glamour as Best Foreign Fiction Book. He has won the James Tait Black Memorial Prize for Fiction and the World Fantasy Award (for The Prestige). He won the BSFA award for short fiction in 1979 for the short story “Palely Loitering”; and has been nominated for Hugo Awards in the categories of Best Novel, Best Novella, Best Novelette, and Best Non-Fiction Book.
Books by featured authors will be for sale in John Smiths bookshop.
- SPLIT Glasgow Art Collective Graduate Showcase
- Summer Ball Fundraiser Craft Café Govan
- Lids Open Day with Glasgow Piano City West End Festival
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh by John Cairney, West End Festival 2019
- The Italian Job GFT
- Class of 1984 | Pity Party Film Club CCA
- Sleepless in Seattle, GFT
- Robert the Bruce, GFT
- Late Night GFT
- Balloon GFT
- Diego Maradona GFT
- The Tennessee Hotshots at Websters Playhouse
- Doc’n Roll presents: It Must Schwing! The Blue Note Story
- NT Live: Small Island, GFT
- Glasgow Botanic Gardens: 200 Years at West End Festival 2019
- Chicago Websters Theatre
- Scalarama Press/Marketing and Design
- The Big West End Festival Closing Party Cottiers
- Big Choir Concert at Cottiers
- Ceilidh Dances at Cottiers, West End Festival 2019