Christmas Shopping: Books for Syria, Waterstones, Byres Road
Buy Books for Syria at Waterstones
Waterstones, Byres Road have a fabulous range of books in stock – great gifts for all the family.
Watch out for the sticker on a selected range of Books for Syria – for each book purchased 100% of sales goes to Oxfam towards their Books for Syria Campaign.
Waterstones are aiming to raise one million pounds for Oxfam’s Syria crisis appeal.
Many Authors Are Supporting The Campaign
Philip Pullman, Hilary Mantel, David Walliams, Neil Gaiman, David Nicholls, Marian Keyes, Victoria Hislop, Ali Smith, Robert Harris, Lee Child, Salman Rushdie, Caitlin Moran, Julia Donaldson and Jacqueline Wilson. You can find the full list of books in the campaign here.
“This is the biggest refugee crisis in history – 60m people, world-wide, are displaced, half of them children – threatening both the stability of the Middle East and Europe, and our own sense of compassion, and the value we put on human life. Whilst the governments of this world still fail to come up with a solution to this problem, I am proud to do as millions of others have, and say ‘We see you, we hear you, we will not let you suffer this alone. We promise – help is coming’.” – Caitlin Moran
“I’m delighted to be a part of the British book world’s effort.” – Salman Rushdie
“I support this initiative with heart, mind and soul” – Ali Smith
“Buy a book, help save a life” – Ian Rankin
Waterstones, 351-355 Byres Road, Glasgow, G12 8AU
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Christmas Shopping in Glasgow, Shopping
- Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- Dodie Bellamy, Kevin Killian, Calum Gardner, SWG3 Poetry Club
- Spotlight on Cinemas – West End Festival 2018
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Beyond Boundaries, Festival 2018, Call For Poems
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Launch of Autumn Voices 2018
- ‘Growing and Dying’ Tribute to Janet Paisley, Event at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Writers’ Workshop Day at Fruin Farm, Nr. Helensburgh
- Marian Keyes at Aye Write, the Mitchell Library
- Autumn Voices Project – Poetry Competition 2018
- Autumn Voices Showcase 2018
- Creative Writing Fair, University of Glasgow
- Aye Write: Wee Write Beano Cartoon Capers, Mitchell Library
- Aye Write: Wee Write One Button Benny with Alan Windram
- Ann-Marie MacDonald in conversation with Louise Welsh, University of Glasgow