Christmas Shopping: Books for Syria, Waterstones, Byres Road
Buy Books for Syria at Waterstones
Waterstones, Byres Road have a fabulous range of books in stock – great gifts for all the family.
Watch out for the sticker on a selected range of Books for Syria – for each book purchased 100% of sales goes to Oxfam towards their Books for Syria Campaign.
Waterstones are aiming to raise one million pounds for Oxfam’s Syria crisis appeal.
Many Authors Are Supporting The Campaign
Philip Pullman, Hilary Mantel, David Walliams, Neil Gaiman, David Nicholls, Marian Keyes, Victoria Hislop, Ali Smith, Robert Harris, Lee Child, Salman Rushdie, Caitlin Moran, Julia Donaldson and Jacqueline Wilson. You can find the full list of books in the campaign here.
“This is the biggest refugee crisis in history – 60m people, world-wide, are displaced, half of them children – threatening both the stability of the Middle East and Europe, and our own sense of compassion, and the value we put on human life. Whilst the governments of this world still fail to come up with a solution to this problem, I am proud to do as millions of others have, and say ‘We see you, we hear you, we will not let you suffer this alone. We promise – help is coming’.” – Caitlin Moran
“I’m delighted to be a part of the British book world’s effort.” – Salman Rushdie
“I support this initiative with heart, mind and soul” – Ali Smith
“Buy a book, help save a life” – Ian Rankin
Waterstones, 351-355 Byres Road, Glasgow, G12 8AU
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Christmas Shopping in Glasgow, Shopping
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- The Scottish Witchfinder by Jacqueline Smith
- John Maclean, Hero of Red Clydeside by Henry Bell
- Hollie McNish OranMor
- Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
- After He Died Book Launch, Michael J Malone
- Stuart Paterson, Write on Cue!
- An Evening with Nawal Slemiah, Project Cafe Glasgow
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- Stuart Cosgrove, ‘Harlem 69’ Book Launch
- Richard Holloway, Creative Conversatons
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- All The Time We Thought We Had, Gordon Darroch Waterstones
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- She’s En Scene Women’s Film Screening and Discussion, Glasgow
- With Their Best Clothes On, New Writing Scotland Launch
- The Big Chair – Autumn Voices – Robin Lloyd-Jones
- An Evening with Charles McGarry, Waterstones Sauchiehall Street
- Public Lecture of the Publishing Scotland’s International Fellows Glasgow – review by Mary Irvine