Christmas Shopping: Books for Syria, Waterstones, Byres Road
Buy Books for Syria at Waterstones
Waterstones, Byres Road have a fabulous range of books in stock – great gifts for all the family.
Watch out for the sticker on a selected range of Books for Syria – for each book purchased 100% of sales goes to Oxfam towards their Books for Syria Campaign.
Waterstones are aiming to raise one million pounds for Oxfam’s Syria crisis appeal.
Many Authors Are Supporting The Campaign
Philip Pullman, Hilary Mantel, David Walliams, Neil Gaiman, David Nicholls, Marian Keyes, Victoria Hislop, Ali Smith, Robert Harris, Lee Child, Salman Rushdie, Caitlin Moran, Julia Donaldson and Jacqueline Wilson. You can find the full list of books in the campaign here.
“This is the biggest refugee crisis in history – 60m people, world-wide, are displaced, half of them children – threatening both the stability of the Middle East and Europe, and our own sense of compassion, and the value we put on human life. Whilst the governments of this world still fail to come up with a solution to this problem, I am proud to do as millions of others have, and say ‘We see you, we hear you, we will not let you suffer this alone. We promise – help is coming’.” – Caitlin Moran
“I’m delighted to be a part of the British book world’s effort.” – Salman Rushdie
“I support this initiative with heart, mind and soul” – Ali Smith
“Buy a book, help save a life” – Ian Rankin
Waterstones, 351-355 Byres Road, Glasgow, G12 8AU
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Christmas Shopping in Glasgow, Shopping
- Karine Polwart, Creative Conversations
- Eusebi Hampers and Pre-prepared Festive Food
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- The Store Interiors, Anniesland, Glasgow
- ‘Unwrapped’ Show at The Thistle Gallery 2018
- Novelist Ann Cleeves, Creative Conversations
- Christmas Speakeasy and Open Mic, Scottish Writers
- Glasgow Christmas Markets
- Spirito, Interiors, Cards, Gifts, Crow Road, Broomhill, Glasgow
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Michael J Malone at Book Week Scotland 2018
- Christmas Shopping Glasgow West End
- Lin Anderson, Shaping the Story at Scottish Writers Centre
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- Catriona Malan ‘Meet the Author’ at Fruin Farm
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Open Mic at the Balloch House Hotel
- Creative Conversations: Zinnie Harris, playwright, screenwriter and theatre director.
- From Glasgow to Saturn Call for Submissions
- The Wee Guide to Porridge, Deedee Cuddihy
- Book Week Scotland, Autumn Voices
- Simon Carlyle and Gregor Sharp, Creative Conversations