Christmas Lights and Fireworks, Lomond Shore, 19 November, 2017
Christmas light switch on and fireworks event is always very popular, Sunday 19th November, 2017
Lomond Shores, Balloch.
.It’s a FREE* day of festive celebration from 10am-8pm with music, entertainment and activities for kids, a carousel and fun fair rides, with the light switch on followed by a firework display and a night market with a taste of what will be on offer at the Christmas Market. Your Radio will be here to help get everyone into the Christmas spirit, and of course no Christmas event is complete without a visit from the guest of honour, Santa!
Free event partnering with local charity ROHHAD Association, who will be collecting on the day. Anything you can contribute would be very much appreciated. Find out more about ROHHAD here
Fancy a celebratory meal with the perfect fireworks vantage point? The Kilted Skirlie Restaurantwill be running a special festive menu on 19th November, to tie in with the event. Strongly recommend booking a table in advance – call the restaurant on 01389 754759 and see the menu here.
On event days car parks can sometimes take a little while to empty, due to the volume of traffic, so leave yourself plenty of time.
Although the event is free to attend, and no ticket is required, there may be a cost for some of the activities. Santa’s grotto will not be open during this event – the grotto opens on 25 November.
The Christmas Market starts from 19th November. See more about the Christmas market
- German bratwurst sausages
- German chocolate kiss cakes
- Gingerbread hearts
- Personalised Christmas decorations
- Real Christmas trees (from 1st December)
- Hot, roasted chestnuts
- Handmade crepes & doughnuts
- Mulled wine, Bavarian beer & festive cocktails
- Candyfloss & seasonal confectionery
Not all activities are provided by Loch Lomond Shores, charges may apply and activities are subject to change.
This section: Christmas in Glasgow, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- ¡Viva! Spanish & Latin American Film Festival 2019 Glasgow Film Theatre
- Femspectives Film Festival Glasgow
- Aye Write 2019 Gaelic Reading and Singing (Family Event)
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- Woodlands Community Garden’s 9th Birthday Celebration
- Glasgow Short Film Festival 2019
- St Patrick’s Festival Family Fun Day
- Phil Differ: Me OranMor
- In For A Penny, Websters Theatre
- News Hacks, Oran Mor
- Sean McLoughlin: Hail Mary, Glasgow International Comedy Festival 2019
- Rich Hall’s Hoedown Glasgow International Comedy Festival 2019
- Love Music Hate Racism at The Blue Arrow
- Knickerbocker Glory Glasgow University Feminist Society
- Erskine Bike Meet 2019
- Come Dino With Me, Glasgow Botanic Gardens
- Silent Disco Party Parade, The Record Factory
- Women’s Suffrage Exhibition, Govanhill Baths
- The Scottish Homebuilding & Renovating Show Returns to the SEC, Glasgow
- FrightFest Week-End 1 and 2 March, 2019