Christmas Lights and Fireworks, Lomond Shore, 19 November, 2017
Christmas light switch on and fireworks event is always very popular, Sunday 19th November, 2017
Lomond Shores, Balloch.
.It’s a FREE* day of festive celebration from 10am-8pm with music, entertainment and activities for kids, a carousel and fun fair rides, with the light switch on followed by a firework display and a night market with a taste of what will be on offer at the Christmas Market. Your Radio will be here to help get everyone into the Christmas spirit, and of course no Christmas event is complete without a visit from the guest of honour, Santa!
Free event partnering with local charity ROHHAD Association, who will be collecting on the day. Anything you can contribute would be very much appreciated. Find out more about ROHHAD here
Fancy a celebratory meal with the perfect fireworks vantage point? The Kilted Skirlie Restaurantwill be running a special festive menu on 19th November, to tie in with the event. Strongly recommend booking a table in advance – call the restaurant on 01389 754759 and see the menu here.
On event days car parks can sometimes take a little while to empty, due to the volume of traffic, so leave yourself plenty of time.
Although the event is free to attend, and no ticket is required, there may be a cost for some of the activities. Santa’s grotto will not be open during this event – the grotto opens on 25 November.
The Christmas Market starts from 19th November. See more about the Christmas market
- German bratwurst sausages
- German chocolate kiss cakes
- Gingerbread hearts
- Personalised Christmas decorations
- Real Christmas trees (from 1st December)
- Hot, roasted chestnuts
- Handmade crepes & doughnuts
- Mulled wine, Bavarian beer & festive cocktails
- Candyfloss & seasonal confectionery
Not all activities are provided by Loch Lomond Shores, charges may apply and activities are subject to change.
This section: Christmas in Glasgow, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Spirito, Interiors, Cards, Gifts, Crow Road, Broomhill, Glasgow
- Ashton Lane Hogmanay Street Party 2017
- A Relaxed Performance of The Sleeping Beauty, Kings Theatre, Glasgow
- Book Fair at the Botanics 28 and 29 December, 2017
- The Muppet Christmas Carol Screening and Toy Collection for Shelter Scotland, OranMor
- Christmas at GFT, 3 – 23 December, 2017
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Christmas Markets Glasgow City Centre – 9 November – 22 December, 2017
- The Glasgow Guild Christmas Department Store
- Called You Last Night From Glasgow, Club Night, Broadcast
- Thistle Gallery at Christmas
- Glasgow Christmas Markets, Fairs and Shopping Events
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience, Avant Garde, Friday 22 December, 2017
- The Hidden Lane Late Night Shopping for Christmas
- Santa’s Magical Grotto at Lomond Shores until 24 December, 2017
- Mother India Christmas Menu
- Mistletoe and Mystery Evening , Partick Burgh Hall
- Merchant Square Christmas Craft Fair
- Christmas Drive In Movies, The Riverside Museum
- Milngavie Makers Market at Christmas