The Children’s Wood Fundraiser, 22 March, 2016 – The Project Cafe
Sustainable Futures Fundraiser
Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 6:30 AM – 9:30 AM
The Project Cafe
134 Renfrew Street, Glasgow G3
Join us for music, poetry, cheese and wine to fundraiser for The Childrens Woods new part time paid positions.
We are fundraising for our Sustainable Futures Project to allow our grassroots community work to continue and grow. All the money raised at this event will go towards match funding for a part time paid position. Currently all of the Children’s Wood activities rely solely on volunteers and we want to make our project sustainable. The fund will help the charity to grow and develop, by enabling us to deliver outdoor learning sessions, growing projects and by linking in with other community initiatives.
Cost of ticket will be £20 and will include a flurry of performances from poet Nalini Paul; violinist Sandie Bishop and the Art of Falling with Andy Alston and David Peschek . There will be a talk about what the Childrens Wood has achieved and the plans for the future along with a silent community auction, raffle and, of course, lots of delicious wine and cheese.
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Eating and drinking Glasgow West End, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, North Kelvin Meadow and Children's Wood, Glasgow, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Word Jazzology, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- ‘thi wurd’ #3 at The Old Hairdressers, Glasgow
- Jane Harris Creative Conversations University of Glasgow
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- The Scottish Witchfinder by Jacqueline Smith
- John Maclean, Hero of Red Clydeside by Henry Bell
- Hollie McNish OranMor
- Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
- After He Died Book Launch, Michael J Malone
- Stuart Paterson, Write on Cue!
- An Evening with Nawal Slemiah, Project Cafe Glasgow
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- Stuart Cosgrove, ‘Harlem 69’ Book Launch
- Richard Holloway, Creative Conversatons
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- All The Time We Thought We Had, Gordon Darroch Waterstones
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- She’s En Scene Women’s Film Screening and Discussion, Glasgow
- With Their Best Clothes On, New Writing Scotland Launch