Changing Rooms, Govanhill Baths, Fun for all the Family, Thursday 2 June, 2016
Govanhill Baths, 99 Calder Street, G42 7RA
Thursday 2 June, 3 – 8 p.m.
Govanhill Bath’s architects, Hall Black Douglas from Belfast, will be revealing their design for the refurbished Baths building. There will be interactive walking tours where you can see the new and the old, a 3D film tour of the Baths, displays from their archive and live music in the big pool from Sistema Big Noise Orchestra; the young trad musicians from Irish Heritage Foundation – (sooo Govanhill, lots of young Pakistani girls playing Irish jigs and reels). Local heroes Gypsy Romania, and Randolph’s Leap. There is also free food!
Big Noise Govanhill is Sistema Scotland’s second centre in the vibrant and diverse community of Govanhill in Glasgow.
Launched in 2013, Big Noise was given a warm welcome by those already working in the area. Govanhill is a big community with lots going on: and we are loving being here.
Working with St Bride’s, Holy Cross, Annette Street and Cuthbertson Primary Schools and the two nurseries in the area, the musicians teach in the school day. More information about the big school curriculum. Sessions are also run for babies and the Big Noise after school orchestra programme from the base at Forsyth House on Coplaw Street in Govanhill and now our additional location at the Govanhill Neighbourhood Centre.
Big Noise Govanhill is currently open to all children from birth to Primary 5 from the Govanhill community and will continue to grow with the children as they grow.
We are very proud of all the achievements which have already been seen from the children and families we are working with. The after school orchestras are growing every year and we are so excited about learning, experiencing, performing, and loving music together!
For more information contact email@example.com or telephone: 0141 328 4113.
- Singles Christmas Night at Sleazy’s – 45 rpm party night
- Christmas Caroling
- Gavin Sutherland ‘ Swinging Christmas’ at Glasgow City Halls
- Befriending Food Experience Launch
- M Gallery, Winter Exhibition Launch
- The Matrix, The Arches, Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- The Stand Comedy Club Christmas Specials 2018
- Karine Polwart, Creative Conversations
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience, Audio, Christmas 2018
- Family Carol Service, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Innes Watson’s Guitar Colloquium, The Blue Arrow
- Doris, Dolly and the Dressing Room Divas, OranMor
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2018
- Fright Night and A Girl Walk Home Alone at Night, Burnt Church Film Club
- Die Hard GFT
- SQIFF18 A Girl at My Door CCA
- Pity Party Film Club, Cry Baby CCA
- Elf and Trading Places Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- First Events or Glasgow Film Festival 2019 Announced