Change! Zero Hours Contract, Writing by Young Writers and Activists, STUC. 16 March, 2017
STUC, 333 Woodlands Road, G3 6NG
Young Workers Learning Project
Come along to celebrate the launch of this new book – written about and by people on zero hours contracts.
Hear excerpts from the book by young writers and activists who will share their lives on zero hour contracts.
Pinar Aksu, Community Development worker with Migrant Voice, and participants from the “A Story in a Poem project”, will read some of the poems they have written about their journey to Scotland.
The award winning writer Bernard MacLaverty will also be a guest.
Refreshments will be provided so get there early to avoid missing out!
From precarious work to precarious lives, the theme of the evening is ‘Change’ and what this means. As a labour movement, the Trades Union Council wants to ensure inclusiveness and new opportunities of integration for all.
Over the next few months, STUC will be running courses aimed at young and migrant workers participating together in order to break down barriers, or perceived barriers. For more information about these courses, which are part of the Young Workers’ Learning Project, and to register your place, please email Sarah Collins.
- Gypsy Music Short Course
- CineRoma at Govanhill International Festival
- Glasgow Literary Lounge featuring Louise Malone on art plus Open Mic
- Only You GFT
- Dark Vanilla Jungle Websters
- Scarred GFT
- The Brink GFT
- Eureka GFT
- Pavarotti plus satellite Q & A GFT
- Blinded by the Light at Glasgow Film Theatre
- In Conversation with Gurinder Chadha GFT
- Armstrong GFT
- Ilana Halperin: Minerals of New York, The Hunterian
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese GFT
- Boogie at the Botanics, Open Air Cinema
- Of Fish and Foe GFT
- Special Events at Glasgow Film Theatre July 2019
- African Film Touring Programme Summer 2019
- Midsommar GFT