Centre for Open Studies, Creative Writing, Fiction Showcase 8 December, 2015
8 December, STUC, 7 P.M.
Over the years, the Centre for Open Studies has produced many notable, award-winning and widely published writers. These writers have enhanced the reputation of the Centre. Each year, new and returning students produce excellent work during their time at the Centre.
This event showcases work written by students during the term. Students will read stories, extracts from novels and other fiction forms at this special event that will also include music, visual art and refreshments.
Live music and songs will be courtesy of students from the Songwriting Course.
STUC, 333 Woodlands Road, G3 6NG (off Park Road)
Pay at the door or phone to book: £5
Enquiries: +44 (0)141 330 1835
Monday to Friday 10am – 12.00 or 2 p.m. – 4.00pm
+44 (0)141 330 1860/1853/2772
Short Courses at University of Glasgow, Centre for Open Studies: www.gla.ac.uk/study/short/
Included in my Glasgow Writers on my website are some writers from Centre for Open Studies, Creative Writing Courses,
- LGBT History Month, Film Screening and Discussion, STUC
- The Carrbridge Rose – Brian Whittingham
- Ian Bell New Writing Award, Meet the Judges at Aye Write
- Sonnet Youth at The Drygate, 21 February, 2018
- Aye Write! Denise Mina introduces… Danny Denton & Mick Kitson 18 March, 2018
- Denise Mina at Creative Conversations review Pat Byrne
- Sextival: Queer Relationships on Film, CCA
- Aye Write 2018 – Darren McGarvey & Raoul Martinez, Freedom From Poverty
- Eileen Myles and nick-e-melville, OranMor
- Denise Mina at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- The Darker Side of Fairytales with Kirsty Logan, Dumbarton Library
- Honest Error: Glasgow Poets on Charles Rennie Mackintosh, The Hunterian, University of Glasgow
- Writer David Keenan, Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- AyeWrite! 2018 Ten Writers Telling Lies
- Aye Write! 2018 Jackie Kay – Bantam
- Aye Write! 2018 Louise Welsh Introduces Laura Carlin & Imogen Hermes Gowar
- Aye Write! 2018 Celebration of writing from community-based literacy and creative learners
- Graeme Macrae Burnet Aye Write! 2018
- Poet JL Williams – Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow