Celtic Connections Hazy Recollections 5 February, 2017
5 February, 2017 – 2.00p.m. – 6.00 p.m.
O2ABC Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow
Once again, for your Sunday afternoon listening pleasure, Findlay Napier curates three fabulously disparate five-act bills, collectively occupying the fruitfully blurry territory between folk, indie and indie-folk. Over its nine-year existence, Hazy has hosted nearly 100 different artists, including the likes of Sturgill Simpson, Sarah Jarosz and The Staves as well as myriad new discoveries. Alongside the publicised performers, each show features a surprise mystery act, chosen by Celtic Connections’ artistic director Donald Shaw.
The last Hazy blast of Celtic Connections 2017 features a double helping of excellent Scottish duos, one partnering Donna Maciocia’s powerhouse vocals and songcraft with Three Blind Wolves’ Ross Clark, while Tenement & Temple reunites ex-Thrum bandmates Monica Queen and Johnny Smillie. Roberto Cassani, a member of contemporary folk supergroup The Kilmarnock Edition, serves up a selection of his wryly humorous, life-affirming solo material, artfully arrayed with looped guitar effects, and Paisley country-pop songstress Jill Jackson introduces her new band line-up.
Phone 0141 353 8000
Over 14s only. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
This venue has standing only.
This venue has disabled toilet facilities.
- New Candys + Kundalini Genie & Gelatine
- Aye Write: The Writing of Janet Paisley with Dr Linda Jackson, University of Strathclyde
- Silent Disco Party Parade, The Record Factory
- Creative Conversations – Novelist Jacob Ross
- GFF19 Jim Galloway – A Journey In Jazz CCA
- A Private War GFT
- Tell It To The Bees
- The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
- The Vanishing Glasgow Film Theatre
- An Elephant Sitting Still Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Raft Glasgow Film Theatre
- Tickets on Sale Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- Poetry at Inn Deep
- The Hole in the Ground, Glasgow Film Festival
- Transatlantic Sessions Celtic Connections 2019 review and photography by Pauline Keightley
- FrightFest Week-End 1 and 2 March, 2019
- Full Programme Announced Glasgow Film Festival
- Aye Write: Louise Welsh Introduces… Temi Oh & Bridget Collins
- Aye Write: Helena Kennedy QC
- Aye Write: Stuart Cosgrove & Ken McNab