Celtic Connections 2015 – festival highlights last few days
Festival highlights from the final few days
Strings Attached ‘The Next Generation’: a landmark Celtic Connections performance featuring the Highland fiddle supergroup performing with top singer-songwriters including Rachel Sermanni, Adam Holmes and Aoife O’Donovan.
A Stor Mo Chroi
Featuring the best in Irish talent including Karan Casey, Muireann Nic Amhlaoibh, John Spillane, Pauline Scanlon and Éilís Kennedy, together with top-drawer instrumentalists Ed Boyd, John McSherry and Dónal O’Connor.
Alistair Hulett Tribute: After four consecutive sellouts at Celtic Connections, this musical tribute to the late singer-songwriter and activist Alistair Hulett features Del Amitri’s Justin Currie, Paul Simmonds, Naomi Bedford, James Fagan and Nancy Kerr.
1st February – St Andrews in the Square
François & the Atlas Mountains
The band create a lush, dreamy, multilingual melange of romantic indie-pop, French chanson and Afro-funk.
Horse: one of Scotland’s all-time great vocalists, known for her sophisticated songcraft, Horse McDonald presents the première of her latest ambitious project, resurrecting the words of lost or neglected Scottish women poets in newly-composed musical settings.
Danny Kyle Open Stage Finalists
This year’s finalists of Danny Kyle’s Open Stage take to the stage for a showcase concert celebrating this year’s competition.
Sunday 1 February.
This section: Celtic Connections 2015, Gig Guide
- Michael Simons at Partick Folk Club
- Pollokshields Proposes Exhibition Launch
- Yellow Road – Folk on the Fringe
- Barras Fest Glasgow 2019
- Twilight in the Crypt Glasgow Cathedral Festival
- Glasgow R&B Society: Rab Noakes & Fraser Speirs Cottiers
- No Serco Evictions Fundraiser at McChuills
- The Scottish Fiddle Orchestra – Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
- JJ Gilmour and Adriana Spina at CCA
- Music Broth Summer Fundraising Gig
- The Blue Arrow 59:60 Celebrating the Year that Changed Jazz
- Farzane Zamen in Concert
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Songs of Love and Freedom, Kelvingrove Bandstand
- Celtic Music Radio House Concert Fundraiser for Tom Fairnie
- Websters Big Summer Event
- 4th of July Maker’s Mark Hoedown at Websters
- Her Crooked Heart The Doublet
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Alan Murphy – A Nod to John Martyn