Celtic Connections 2015, Acts Announced
Opening Acts Announced
There will be some amazing opening acts from around the world at Celtic Connections 2015.
A brother and sister duo from Belfast, will be supporting Hudson Taylor in Oran Mor on 31st January. Southern perform a mixture of blues, alternative rock, pop and hip hop. The band has been championed by BBC Radio Ulster’s Gerry Anderson who has described them as “the most promising singer/songwriters in Ireland today.”
Will be supporting Tucson-based collective Calexico in the Old Fruitmarket on 1st February. BC Camplight is the moniker of songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Brian Christinzio. His 2005 album Hide, Run Away was released by One Little Indian and featured Cynthia G. Mason on vocals. Camplight’s acclaimed follow up, Blink of a Nihilist, was released in 2007 and both records featured as Sunday Times’ album of the week.
Born troubadour Aaron Fyfe is a 26 year-old singer-songwriter (and skateboarder-surfer). He will be supporting Diana Jones in the Glasgow Art Club on 28th January.
Irish rockers The Riptide Movement will be supporting Hayseed Dixie at the O2 ABC on 30th January.
Changes to the Programme
An extra date has been added for sold out show Frances Black & Kieran Goss’s Reunion. There will be an additional concert on Monday 26th January in the Strathclyde Suite in Glasgow Royal Concert Hall.
There has also been a second night added for the sold out The Crew of the Puffer present Para Handy “A Highland Voyage” on Sunday 19th January in St Andrews in the Square.
Due to fantastic demand Justin Townes Earle and Lindsey Black will now be appearing in the O2 ABC on Saturday 17th January in order to allow more people to buy tickets.
Due to unforeseen circumstances The Idiot at the Wall will no longer be performed at the Tron on Wednesday 28th and Thursday 29th January.
Chastity Brown and Dean Owens & the Whisky Hearts will now be performing at Oran Mor on Saturday 17th January.
This section: Celtic Connections 2015, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Gig Guide
- Open Mind Fest – Journalism and Mental Health
- Southside Film Festival 2019
- Some Distant Day with Cheeky Besom Productions
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Electric Frog and Pressure Riverside Festival
- Gorbals Fair 2019
- Electric Honey Records Showcase – OranMor
- Wild Festival and Gala, Children’s Wood
- Carnival of the Dark Arts
- Henry Bell, Booked Festival 2019
- Polly Clark, Booked Festival 2019
- Sid Griffin and Peter Case Doublet Bar
- 80 Years of Cinema Glasgow Film Theatre
- Glasgow Film Theatre celebrates 80 Years of Cinema
- May 2019 at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Bone Idle Bros, Starry Skies and Slipper Elm The Britannica Panopticon
- Southside Fringe Festival 2019
- Crossways Irish Scottish Cultural and Literary Festival Roseanne Watt & Kate Newmann
- West End Festival: The Luthiers’ Concert Websters Theatre
- André Krengel & Roland Krause, Websters Theatre