Celebrating 80 years of the Beano, National Library of Scotland, Kelvin Hall
Celebrating the 80th anniversary of the Beano comic with a day of fun and mischief!
28 July, 2018 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Glasgow Museums and the National Library of Scotland at Kelvin Hall, 1445 Argyle Street, Glasgow G3 8AW
Free drop-in event (no booking required)
National Library of Scotland at Kelvin Hall
Celebrate the 80th anniversary of the Beano comic at this fun-filled event. View the first edition of the Beano from 1938 along with rare treasures and Beano comic artwork. Take part in a prank workshop and a comically funny football session. Unmissable! Read more…
The National Library of Scotland at Kelvin Hall is an exciting new visitor experience with entertainment and inspiration for all ages. Come visit the interactive space to explore films, maps, books and manuscripts in digital format. Visitors will also have access to 100 years of Scottish life on film and video from our Moving Image Archive.
There is always something to enjoy at the award-winning space with regular free events and talks.
Free entry – all ages welcome.
Kelvin Hall, 1445 Argyle Street, Glasgow, G3 8AW.
- Arctic, Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- Sarah Jane Scouten The Doublet
- Cowboy Calypso, WomanSaid and Stephen EvEns
- New Candys + Kundalini Genie & Gelatine
- Aye Write: The Writing of Janet Paisley with Dr Linda Jackson, University of Strathclyde
- Silent Disco Party Parade, The Record Factory
- Creative Conversations – Novelist Jacob Ross
- GFF19 Jim Galloway – A Journey In Jazz CCA
- A Private War GFT
- Tell It To The Bees
- The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
- The Vanishing Glasgow Film Theatre
- An Elephant Sitting Still Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Raft Glasgow Film Theatre
- Tickets on Sale Glasgow Film Festival 2019
- Poetry at Inn Deep
- The Hole in the Ground, Glasgow Film Festival
- Transatlantic Sessions Celtic Connections 2019 review and photography by Pauline Keightley
- FrightFest Week-End 1 and 2 March, 2019
- Full Programme Announced Glasgow Film Festival