Celebrating 80 years of the Beano, National Library of Scotland, Kelvin Hall
Celebrating the 80th anniversary of the Beano comic with a day of fun and mischief!
28 July, 2018 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Glasgow Museums and the National Library of Scotland at Kelvin Hall, 1445 Argyle Street, Glasgow G3 8AW
Free drop-in event (no booking required)
National Library of Scotland at Kelvin Hall
Celebrate the 80th anniversary of the Beano comic at this fun-filled event. View the first edition of the Beano from 1938 along with rare treasures and Beano comic artwork. Take part in a prank workshop and a comically funny football session. Unmissable! Read more…
The National Library of Scotland at Kelvin Hall is an exciting new visitor experience with entertainment and inspiration for all ages. Come visit the interactive space to explore films, maps, books and manuscripts in digital format. Visitors will also have access to 100 years of Scottish life on film and video from our Moving Image Archive.
There is always something to enjoy at the award-winning space with regular free events and talks.
Free entry – all ages welcome.
Kelvin Hall, 1445 Argyle Street, Glasgow, G3 8AW.
- Sixth Jimmy Reid Annual Memorial Lecture 2018
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2018
- Nathan Bell and Lynnie Carson, Glasgow Americana
- Teenage Scream live Podcast Glasgow Libraries
- Introduction to Study at Glasgow School of Art
- Dandiya Nights, Milngavie Town Hall October 2018
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival, School of Rock, Blythswood Hall.
- The Mask of Zorro, Blythswood Hall, Glasgow
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- SUPER Market Glasgow 2018
- Pollok House, Glasgow Doors Open Days, Craft Fair
- Wild Harvest, Native Trees and Fruit, Locavore Guided Walk and Discussion
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- Pollokshaws Community Carnival 2018
- Scotland’s Food and Drink Fortnight 2018
- Six and a Tanner, OranMor
- Young People invited to Meet Mhairi Black M.P., Clydebank
- Medical Aid for Palestinians, Evening at Sloans Glasgow
- Late Night: Superbad, Glasgow Youth Film Festival