Celebrating 80 years of the Beano, National Library of Scotland, Kelvin Hall
Celebrating the 80th anniversary of the Beano comic with a day of fun and mischief!
28 July, 2018 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Glasgow Museums and the National Library of Scotland at Kelvin Hall, 1445 Argyle Street, Glasgow G3 8AW
Free drop-in event (no booking required)
National Library of Scotland at Kelvin Hall
Celebrate the 80th anniversary of the Beano comic at this fun-filled event. View the first edition of the Beano from 1938 along with rare treasures and Beano comic artwork. Take part in a prank workshop and a comically funny football session. Unmissable! Read more…
The National Library of Scotland at Kelvin Hall is an exciting new visitor experience with entertainment and inspiration for all ages. Come visit the interactive space to explore films, maps, books and manuscripts in digital format. Visitors will also have access to 100 years of Scottish life on film and video from our Moving Image Archive.
There is always something to enjoy at the award-winning space with regular free events and talks.
Free entry – all ages welcome.
Kelvin Hall, 1445 Argyle Street, Glasgow, G3 8AW.
- Edwyn Collins QMU Glasgow
- Pain and Glory, GFT
- A Faithful Man, GFT
- Chic-raq GFT
- Pity Party Film Club CCA
- Propaganda – Indie Club Night, QMU
- Through Black Spruce, GFT
- BlacKkKlansman, GFT
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- G20 Festival GBX Fundraiser
- Matchbox Cineclub Weird Weekend at CCA Glasgow
- Starry Skies, Warren and Heather at Old Hairdressers
- Glasgow Doors Open Day Kelvin Hall 2019
- Gaza GFT
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Clydebuilt Festival Dragon Boat Race
- Glasgow Museums – Great Big Heritage Bus Tour
- Walk in James Watt’s Footsteps
- An Evening with Gracey Flair at Helensburgh Library
- East End Free Festival