Ceilidh for Medical Aid for Palestinians, Sat 30 May, Community Central Hall Maryhill
Saturday, May 30
7:30pm – 11:59pm
Community Central Hall
292-316 Maryhill Road, Glasgow
The legendary Glasgow ceilidh band The Hallanshankers have agreed to play this fund-raising event. The Shankers deliver a great blend of music for dancing, from straight-ahead Scottish and Irish traditional to contemporary and roots music, with a strong element of fun and nonsense. So you’re likely to be reeling, rocking and laughing before the night’s out.
Graham and Anne, who are organising the night, are participating in Cycle Palestine 2015: a 250km bike ride across the Occupied West Bank in September. The trip is organised by Medical Aid for Palestinians (MAP), a charity which works for the health and dignity of Palestinians living under occupation and as refugees.
There will be information available about the work of MAP and diverse opportunities to spend some money on Palestinian and MAP related stuff. The proceeds of this event will go to MAP to support their important work.
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
Filed under: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Teenage Scream live Podcast Glasgow Libraries
- Introduction to Study at Glasgow School of Art
- Dandiya Nights, Milngavie Town Hall October 2018
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival, School of Rock, Blythswood Hall.
- The Mask of Zorro, Blythswood Hall, Glasgow
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- SUPER Market Glasgow 2018
- Pollok House, Glasgow Doors Open Days, Craft Fair
- Wild Harvest, Native Trees and Fruit, Locavore Guided Walk and Discussion
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- Pollokshaws Community Carnival 2018
- Scotland’s Food and Drink Fortnight 2018
- Six and a Tanner, OranMor
- Young People invited to Meet Mhairi Black M.P., Clydebank
- Medical Aid for Palestinians, Evening at Sloans Glasgow
- Late Night: Superbad, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Graduate Degree Show, 2018, Glasgow School of Art
- Jim Byrne, The Basement Jam, Tennent’s Bar, Glasgow
- Museums at Night, Glasgow, October, 2018